CBS: Breaking Down the Unbeatens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS: Breaking Down the Unbeatens

Article by ******* (half of the Top 25 and one).

Says he doesn't think WSU will be a top 25 team for more than a week or so. I would expect this to go on the bulletin board in the locker room.

"Middle of the pack in the Valley." Bulletin-board material indeed.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Dear National Media,

Please continue to print at least 2-3 weekly articles listing the Shox as overrated and "middle of the pack" players in the Valley.

Sincerely,
      Shocker Nation

Comment

Seriously, I hope the team and coach get the memo that they are being labeled as a team he's "not buying".

A big thanks to Mr. ******* for the slight.
        Last edited by ShockerFever; December 3, 2012, 01:51 PM.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

******* has always been a tool but I can't really blame him for this. We probably belong in the "jury still out" category, but whatever.

Comment

This is the best of both worlds, we get to be in the top 25 and still have a big chip on our shoulder.

Comment

We can always say its nice to have a little slight to keep the team hungry. I'd like to add that it's especially nice to have a guy literally print that our first loss will be a specific game (at Tennessee). That is a chip on your shoulder plus a big time call out for one specific thing.

"This just in guys: You can't beat Tennessee on their home floor. You just aren't that good."

We'll see about that.

Comment

The article, IMO, is spot on. We all recognized the potential this group had and thus far, they have overachieved due to playing an average strength of schedule and were the benefactors of a couple of our opponents not shooting very well at the free throw line. We're playing with house money right now since no one expected us to be undefeated. Hell, if we were sitting at 6 - 2, most of us would be elated given the inexperience and youth we have on the team.

The future looks bright, don't get me wrong. But come talk to me when we go on the road to Tennessee in that hostile environment. Tennessee is treading water right now and having a ranked mid-major come into their house is exactly the medicine that cures their ills. They will be pumped for that game. If we come away with a 'W' then I'm all on board about this team having figured it out sooner rather than later.

Comment

I was still suspect when we started getting votes as to whether we were a top 25 team yet. I believe we are. Our talent is better than last year, IMO. And we win on the road.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

At least he didn't classify us in his "Frauds" section....lol

Comment

Great, now we have the perfect chance to make this guy eat his words.

Sure, we can do it, but, still, beating a decent UT team on their home court is going to definitely be a tough challenge.

After all, none of us really thinks we are going to go undefeated the entire season do we? Dumb statement. I guarantee there is at least a handful that have a glimmer in the far back wrinkles of their minds that we just might if Jupiter is correctly aligned with Mars, etc. And we certainly don't want to disillusion them now, do we.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        The article, IMO, is spot on. We all recognized the potential this group had and thus far, they have overachieved due to playing an average strength of schedule and were the benefactors of a couple of our opponents not shooting very well at the free throw line. We're playing with house money right now since no one expected us to be undefeated. Hell, if we were sitting at 6 - 2, most of us would be elated given the inexperience and youth we have on the team.

The future looks bright, don't get me wrong. But come talk to me when we go on the road to Tennessee in that hostile environment. Tennessee is treading water right now and having a ranked mid-major come into their house is exactly the medicine that cures their ills. They will be pumped for that game. If we come away with a 'W' then I'm all on board about this team having figured it out sooner rather than later.
                        You ole sunshine pumper, you.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Here's a yahoo sports article on 5 surprise teams: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...W9ucw--;_ylv=3
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

@ Tennessee is going to be a tough out. I think we can win it, but I won't be surprised or too disappointed with a loss (I mean it will hurt as it could be a chance to have the best start in program history).

Nevertheless if we go 3-1 to finish out the non-conference I think that is worthy of a top 25 ranking for that point in the season. We shouldn't get caught in the trap some pundits are laying that only @TU defines us. We have one excellent win and a couple of pretty good ones on the resume so far.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

After all, none of us really thinks we are going to go undefeated the entire season do we? Dumb statement. I guarantee there is at least a handful that have a glimmer in the far back wrinkles of their minds that we just might if Jupiter is correctly aligned with Mars, etc. And we certainly don't want to disillusion them now, do we.
                              I certainly think we stand a good chance.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X