Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still plenty of tickets available for tonight's Tulsa game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still plenty of tickets available for tonight's Tulsa game!

If you live in or near Wichita and don't have tickets for tonight's game against Tulsa there are still plenty of reserved and general admission seats available.

Head out to the roundhouse and support our Shockers!

We are near the top 25, and playing a old time rival and still struggling to sell the place out. What is wrong with this picture?
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

the economy, I would say

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        the economy, I would say
        That didn't seem to affect the Indiana vs UNC game last night...

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          the economy, I would say
          Obama said he fixed it....
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The economy has been blamed for a long time. I think it has more to do with our society moving towards entertainment thru electronic media rather than personally attending. All you have to do is look at all the traditionally full football stadiums that now have large sections of empty seats. This is not a Wichita, MVC or basketball thing. This is a trend affecting all sports at all levels.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Obama said he fixed it....
              No actually he didn't. He admitted that the economy was pretty weak, but he said it was still George Bush's fault. He did add that we were on the right track and if we only give him 4 more years it will be fixed. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                The economy has been blamed for a long time. I think it has more to do with our society moving towards entertainment thru electronic media rather than personally attending. All you have to do is look at all the traditionally full football stadiums that now have large sections of empty seats. This is not a Wichita, MVC or basketball thing. This is a trend affecting all sports at all levels.
                Good observation. Now that trend my be reversed somewhat most sporting events become pay per view, but that is probably still a ways down the road.

Comment

Tulsa isn't a big name in Wichita anymore. I like to think some don't even know tickets are available, after all those years we sold out every game maybe they just gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    I still think it has a lot to do with the economy combined with higher ticket prices. $34 for a ticket in the last row apparently isn't that appealing to people ($30 for the ticket, $2 for the ticket fee and $2 for the fee to print the ticket yourself). A few years ago when the economy was better that seat cost about $20.

I think the combination of some pretty steep ticket price increases with a declining economy has made it more difficult to get sell outs. I also agree that the electronic media is also a factor. So I guess I am saying that I think it is a combination of all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      Tulsa isn't a big name in Wichita anymore. I like to think some don't even know tickets are available, after all those years we sold out every game maybe they just gave up.
                      Good point. I talk to people all the time who think that every Shocker home game is sold out. I guess it is probably a combination of all 4 factors.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        We are near the top 25, and playing a old time rival and still struggling to sell the place out. What is wrong with this picture?
                        1. Wednesday night game - there are still some who attend/participate/direct church type services/activities on this night.
                        2. Economy - I know some personally 6 people who where season ticket holders who just had to give them up not because they wanted to.

Comment

I am one of 8 people that I know that were regularly buying tickets off marketplace and from other fans that are not going this year due to work relocation.

The Wichita economy continues to go down, even though other areas are rebounding, Wichita has always gotten hit later then rebounded later.

Comment

Sadly, Wichita lacks a diversified economy.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I am a little disappointed that they failed to sell out by a little over 100 tickets but I am more disappointed in all of the empty seats in the arena. People (or corporations) that actually bought tickets but didn't bother to use them.

I will add that I am very happy over the 26 point win!

Comment

Working...
                              X