Nice game from Hawkeye fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
    Hey seseroy. Bro. This not twitter. No character limit. Type complete sentences. Try sometime. Peace.
    This guy is doing nothing to dispell the speculation that William Shatner is, in fact, an Iowa fan. He's also very passive-agressive apparently.

Comment

The Iowa fans must remember the earsplitting 60-56 win we had over them on March 15th, 1981 as Randy Smithson fell over backwards as the throw rolls in and tickles the twine. That was a very tough win for us over a very impressive Iowa team. That win allowed us to also defeat KU at the Battle of New Orleans on March the 20th. Mike Jones never seen a shot he did not like. He launched 2-25' shots towards the end of that game. On both shots that were 'heard around the basketball world', as they left his hand, I yelled "Nooooo----Yessssss as they both swished and sealed the Jayhawkers doom.

Then comes the win versus Iowa as Stutz had a big game a few Seasons ago. Now Cle has a banner game and we take home the gold. These are 'historian basketball rich war stories' that we like ponder and embellish.

However, now it is time for Iowa to get busy and win, win, win from here. They have a nice talented squad that should improve and we will be rooting for them. In the meanwhile, we have some unfinished business to tend to as well. Our foes will be primed and ready, wanting to upend our black and yellow turnip truck along the way. Each and every game will be taken very seriously as we play them one at a time, never looking past the task at hand.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The worst thing about this guy is that he lives in Kansas. Hey, Hawkeye fans, do you have a sixth grade exchange student program you wish to participate in?

Comment

Here are a few gems from the originator of this thread
          I love that you guys are very confident, will make it more fun if we can beat ya.
          I see you are already setting up the "we played terrible, wasn't Iowa, it was us" card.
          Hope we can hang with your "better defense, better athletes, better basketball players and more physical presence".
          The guy came here to troll. All he got was an empty live well as he reeled in emty hook after empty hook. Now all he's got left is the dead crow that fell into his boat.

And he calls us "classless"?

Since we're already "classless", I guess it's not going to hurt our reputation if I suggest that we need better wins than Iowa if we want to be in consideration for an NCAA at-large. THis might hold up as a top-100 W since Iowa will have a decent SoS from their league.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Since we're already "classless", I guess it's not going to hurt our reputation if I suggest that we need better wins than Iowa if we want to be in consideration for an NCAA at-large. THis might hold up as a top-100 W since Iowa will have a decent SoS from their league.
            I was thinking the same thing, but only in the most classy way. I hope the Hawkeyes do well the remainder of the season, but a top-100 win may very well be where this win falls out. Let's hope so anyway. About all they have on their non-con schedule of significance is @ VA Tech and at home against Iowa State and vs UNI in Des Moines. Of course, we would like to see UNI win their game with Iowa. So let's hope Iowa can get wins at VA Tech and Iowa and sweep the rest of their non-con games except UNI. Outside of those games they have Texas A&MCC, South Dakota, South Carolina State, and Coppon State on their non-con schedule all at Iowa City of course. 3 of those teams could end up as 300+ RPI drags. At the present time RealTimeRPI.com is projecting Iowa's RPI will be 97 at the end of the year.

Comment

as far as the state of Iowa goes...you guys are not even the best basketball team in your state...that title goes to Northen Iowa...lmfao...go back to sleep fool, you are mad cuz your team lost...back away from the ledge nice and slow...

Comment

What do Iowans know...they voted for Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  The Iowa fans must remember the earsplitting 60-56 win we had over them on March 15th, 1981 as Randy Smithson fell over backwards as the throw rolls in and tickles the twine. That was a very tough win for us over a very impressive Iowa team.
                  I wonder what Krafcisin and Waite are up to these days? Also, wasn't Roy Devyn Marble's dad on that team or did he come about later?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I wonder what Krafcisin and Waite are up to these days? Also, wasn't Roy Devyn Marble's dad on that team or did he come about later?
                    He came later. Two other guys on that team were Kevin Boyle and Vince Brookins. There was also a white kid named Hanson that was pretty good. They had one other guard, a black kid, that was really good and I can't think of his name.

Comment

That was a legit top-3 Iowa team for most of the year (1981), until injuries struck, and they went on a bit of a losing streak, before getting their big men back and turning it on again. Big-10 was fierce then (IU won it all that year, with Isiah Thomas, and they may have finished behind Iowa in the Big-10 that year).

Iowa had been to the final four the year before (1980), and Lute Olson was doing exactly at Iowa what he would do later at Arizona.. win big. Still, their all-time best bball coach must be Ralph Miller.

Roy Marble played mid-80's for a #1 or #2 ranked Iowa team coached by Dr. Tom Davis. Another great team. Roy Marble is Iowa's all-time leading scorer.
                      Last edited by another shocker; November 22, 2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I'm hoping our Iowa friends will post their excuses and whining after they lose to Nebraska today too.

I wonder if they will never ever ever ever (like taylor swift) be able to support Nebraska anymore either.

Comment

Most of the Iowa fans are smart about basketball and respect our program. It's two or three degenerates that are tarnishing their good name.

Comment

I'm starting to like the Iowa fans; I'll bet they could form a great state-wide standup comedy team.
                            I am drunk
                            And I really wish McCabe had decked that douche at the end with the lady hair. I also hope those two douche announcers develop never-ending sore throats from verbally fellating WSU so much the whole tournament. I am a sore loser, and I've always hated WSU and their fans because of their stupid mascot/nickname.

This is the kind of post that after a big drunken night, that I wake up in the morning and hope I haven't started.
                            Last edited by SpanglerFan316; November 23, 2012, 12:36 PM.
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by seseroy View Post
                              You beat us. Nice game. Not sure if your fans always are like this, but whatever. Pretty evenly matched, you guys played your asses off and beat us, the 7th or 8th best team in the BIG. Have a little class. From reading your posts, you dominated, we were just there to fill the court. If you really believe that, its cool. I wish you well, but spare me the domination threads. We are young, getting better. I don't see the Shockers getting much better. They played as well as they could and still had to jive it up in the end to make sure it wasnt single digits. Total domination, better athletes, players, more physical, blah blah. I give you full credit, but find it hard to take many on this board's views seriously. Sour grapes I guess, but really? Did you watch the game? Yet your still talkin that smack and pounding your chest?
                              If you don't like what Shocker fans had to say about the game, read what your own fans said...They're giving us far more credit than we gave ourselves. It seems your fans wish they could trade teams. Interesting....

I like the first post in this thread:

This whole thread pretty much gushes Shocker Black & Yellow:
                              Last edited by martymoose; November 23, 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Pft

Comment

Working...
                                X