No announcement yet.

Official WSU vs. DePaul game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbs sports guys really seem to like our team. Mateen Cleeves said "don't pencil in Creighton just yet"
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      At one point in the game the announcer said, "WSU is small in stature but big in heart." I was like, "Wtf?" Is he watching the same game I am? It's pre-programmed into these commentators' brains to automatically discount a non-BCS conference school. I can only imagine what they were saying during the Butler/NC game. LOL!

T

...:cool:
      IIRC, That comment was made when Cotton replaced Orukpe, implying that we just gave up 10 inches in height but gained as much in "heart". It was a compliment to Tekele.

Comment

• Those announcers last night were brutal. It was painful to listen to and after tonight, I'm glad we won't have to suffer through that again. I think I'd rather listen to The Bruce and Craig.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Those announcers last night were brutal. It was painful to listen to and after tonight, I'm glad we won't have to suffer through that again. I think I'd rather listen to The Bruce and Craig.
          The entire game production was terrible. All of the misspellings and incorrect stats made it impossible to believe anything they said or showed (including the scoreboard). Hopefully for them it was a result of being in Cancun and not their usual production quality.

Comment

• I couldn't handle the moron saying "tres punto" during the Iowa-WKU game. I about lost my $hit.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              IIRC, That comment was made when Cotton replaced Orukpe, implying that we just gave up 10 inches in height but gained as much in "heart". It was a compliment to Tekele.
              Oh okay, I was in a big bar so the audio wasn't perfectly clear. See how rumors start? Thanks for the correction.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I took that connent a much different way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  The entire game production was terrible. All of the misspellings and incorrect stats made it impossible to believe anything they said or showed (including the scoreboard). Hopefully for them it was a result of being in Cancun and not their usual production quality.
                  Mike Kennedy was handed a stat sheet at the end of the game that had the wrong final score and messed-up individual stats. He was clearly frustrated. I don't think he ever got a corrected version of the final stats.

I don't have the CBS network the game was on so I watched the stats on GameTracker off CBS-Sportsline. The score was WRONG the entire 2nd half (not to mention the feed being very late). Never got corrected until about 10 minutes after the game ended.

I'm thinking margaritas are a higher priority than some silly basketball game. Suellentrop's comments about getting food from the buffet during the game made me chuckle, too.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    I took that connent a much different way.
                    I thought it was a strange comment to make in any respect. It felt like "we need to say something to fill the next five seconds, so, ummm, I'll talk about heart".

There were at least a couple of times that a comment was made about what was happening on the court that made me wonder if they were new to the sport. The one I remember was in the first half when Hall got the ball about 15 ft. from the basket near the wing. He proceeds to dribble the ball to the middle of the lane in front of the basket and the play-by-play guy says Hall was going "back door". Hmmm . . . I guess if you consider the front door as the back door.

They were awful. It was as if they were barely paying attention to what was happening on the court, especially in the 1st half.

Comment

There were at least a couple of times that a comment was made about what was happening on the court that made me wonder if they were new to the sport. The one I remember was in the first half when Hall got the ball about 15 ft. from the basket near the wing. He proceeds to dribble the ball to the middle of the lane in front of the basket and the play-by-play guy says Hall was going "back door". Hmmm . . . I guess if you consider the front door as the back door.
                      Must've been CU communication grads.

Comment

• That is more how I took it. He realized the prepackaged lines his producer gave him weren't working, so he tried to pull something out of his back door.

Comment

Those announcers last night were brutal. It was painful to listen to and after tonight, I'm glad we won't have to suffer through that again. I think I'd rather listen to The Bruce and Craig.
                          In general, all of the network announcers and color sidekicks are less than good. They do not tell the audience about foul status, cumulative team fouls, reasons for whistles, turnover count, rebounds count, etc.

Sometimes I think they rattle on just to proved how smart they are and their rattling has nothing to do with the game.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

CBS could have Dana Altman and Frank Martin call a game, and I'd still prefer it to anything Cox 22 puts out.

Also just an fyi, I saw a sports reporter tweet out last night that the Cancun Challenge is the only tournament that they allow booze on press row during games.

Read into it what you like.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• WKU beat DePaul 70-61. DePaul fans must be losing all hope in their program, if they haven't already.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                We're 5 and 0 but I'm not counting my eggs just yet. I know it's early but RPI's of our first five opponents are 196, 116, 308, 220 and 296. Five of our next seven games are against opponents with RPI's better than 100. We are starting to get into the quality of our non-con schedule and will be interesting to see how well we keep developing and how we face stiffer comp.
                                How do those f'ing eggs taste now?

Comment

Working...
                                X