No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS SIU PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i predict ramon guards falker and does a damn good job of it!
    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

These prediction threads should be renamed "I predict that 90 percent of Shox fans will predict a Shox win".

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        These prediction threads should be renamed "I predict that 90 percent of Shox fans will predict a Shox win".
        As it should be. Fan = short for Fanatic = marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion.

To expect anything different from any Fan base is not logical ( or so says Mr. Spock).

If 90% weren't predicting wins then you really could not by definition refer to us as Shocker Fans.

Comment

Agree KC, but it always cracks me up to read them after the game.

Comment

KC, Thanks for your sagacious detections of the predictions of Shocker fans here on SN, or maybe not. :)

Now I have some more Shocker forecasts as well. First, I guarantee that FSF will not pick us to lose a game this Season. Now that will not :shock: anybody. However, there is much much more.

These Shocker Fans will continue to frequent all home games through this tough rebuiding year. We will have a better year next Season, and a banner year the following Season, all under the coaching of HCGM. Therefore, our foes better enjoy this off Season because paybacks WILL BE brutal.

I predict on Senior night, MB will get one of the warmest, longest, loudest applauses we have seen for ages. He has put his heart and soul into this Program. Even if he never sets foot back on the floor as a player, he will be forever be remembered and loved by Shocker Fans.

It is always great times to be a Shocker Fan. We will endure the tough times and we will relish the increase of wins that is soon to occur. But when it is all said and done, and the Curtain opens and closes each and every Season, we will remain Shocker fans no matter what happens. Can you dig that???????
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
              It is always great times to be a Shocker Fan. We will endure the tough times and we will relish the increase of wins that is soon to occur. But when it is all said and done, and the Curtain opens and closes each and every Season, we will remain Shocker fans no matter what happens. Can you dig that???????
              Of course I can diggit. However, It just amazes me how people are blinded by their emotions. Or, just because they are a fan, automatically requires them to predict a win. My thought on a prediction thread is to see the predictions and the rationale behind them. Sort of like Fantasy Football, I'm a huge Chiefs fan, but I'm not going to load up my Fantasy team with Chiefs players.

If I were a bettin man, I would love to read rationale and intelligent predictions from our fans on why we will or won't win. Instead, I read nothing but happy-go-lucky feel good predictions that say the Shox will win just because. So why even have a prediction thread? Everyone knows when they go into it 9 out of 10 people are predicting a win, how boring and tells me, what's the point, I already know the answer.

This particular thread drove me especially crazy. We haven't beat SIU at their place in 10 years, the team had lost 3 in a row and 7 out of the last 10 games. Lost our PG and we can't shoot. What would make anyone think that we would win this game? The Shocker Kool-aid is all fine and dandy but not on this thread.

Comment

KC, if it bothers you so much, why spend time in the topic? You aren't going to change anyone's mind. But you already know that, don't you?

Comment

Reading SN for the last week, I don't think there's been a lot of kool-aid.

How many fans predict losses for their team? Not much, even if they think it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    KC, if it bothers you so much, why spend time in the topic? You aren't going to change anyone's mind. But you already know that, don't you?
                    Because I hope one day the light bulb will turn on, that's why. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Some Shox fans are thickheaded enough already. I'll use the ol' cliche', if I can just influence one person however, it would be a success.

I'll go ahead and mark you off the list by the way.

Comment

Because I hope one day the light bulb will turn on, that's why. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Some Shox fans are thickheaded enough already. I'll use the ol' cliche', if I can just influence one person however, it would be a success.

KC, tell me what light you are talking about. Seriously, I want you to explain this and maybe we can get at what is really bothering you.

It is a sporting event. Most of us that are fans want our team to win. We watch or listen in the anticipation of our team winning even if we know the other team is better. We hope that during the next 40 minutes our guys will play harder and stronger and maybe, just maybe we can come out on top. If we don't then why in the world are we fans in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

KC, tell me what light you are talking about. Seriously, I want you to explain this and maybe we can get at what is really bothering you.

It is a sporting event. Most of us that are fans want our team to win. We watch or listen in the anticipation of our team winning even if we know the other team is better. We hope that during the next 40 minutes our guys will play harder and stronger and maybe, just maybe we can come out on top. If we don't then why in the world are we fans in the first place?
                        I am dying to know what light bulb is trying to be illuminated. Read prediction threads on any team's message board and you will see a high % of fans prediction wins.

KC Shox, you have problems that I am not sure you even grasp.

Comment

I find it ironic that KC spends a lot of time here after a loss... telling us, "I told you so." Granted, this board is made up of a variety of personalities, but KC is unique. No doubt, KC and Cold are the extremes.
                          SFL is back!

Comment

Something else that has hit me during the game. The opponents seem to press and trap when it is advantageous to them to do so, we seem to press 'after the fact' to try to recover.

They maintain control of the game, we try to play catchup.

Comment

Working...
                            X