Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You dont wanna go to war with the Shockers!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You dont wanna go to war with the Shockers!!!!

Suck it VCU
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Suck it indeed.

Carl says **** you with the win.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shaka beggin for a goal-tending call at the end of the game....whatever it takes to win even if you have to try and cheat.

Comment

You know if the situation was reversed that Marshall would have done the same thing and you'd praise him for it. Don't blame Smart for fighting for his team.

Besides, I think the ball was well into falling off the rim when Early cleared it.

Comment

It was definately goaltending. But it is what it is. Like others have said, the slip on the baseline because they didn't mop the floor was unfortunate also. Things happen, some go your way...some don't. I definately don't fault Smart for trying to make his case.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Karma's payback for the phantom free throws in WSU-VCU part one.

This has been an incredible series and needs to continue.

Comment

I honestly didn't think it was goal tending on the DVR, but I could be wrong.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I had a bad feeling it was goaltending too. But you know what. I don't feel sorry for them. That helped ease my bitterness from 2 years ago... (bunch of horse sh*t!)

I'm happy though!

Comment

Screw it! Karma for the freakin' joke of a call at our place that gave them the last second win. Even.

Comment

Is it possible they called the foul before the shot so it didn't matter?

Comment

Nope. They called the foul on the shot. And I do believe it was a foul. After the replay, you could see the shooter got tagged on the arm pretty good. Not a hard foul, but a foul nonetheless.

Comment

It was definitely on its way out, but from the DVR I couldn't tell definitively whether it was still touching the rim or not when he contacted it. It did look kinda like it was bouncing away from the rim, but the detail just isn't close enough to tell if there was still contact. Surely there will be a video somewhere from a different angle. At this point though, I think I'd rather think it was not goal tending than to know it was. Either way it doesn't really matter, we won!

Comment

I must have watched it a dozen times last night and I couldn't tell either way. It could have been, it might not have been, I don't know, but it would have been another BRUTAL call to go against us in the last second.

On top of that, the game was not called tight all night but it was very consistent which you cannot complain about imho. Both teams were allowed to be physical and both teams took a lot of contact around the basket with a minimum of calls. A foul and a goaltending with less than a second (AGAIN) would have been an awful way to end a hard fought game, especially with what happened to DWill out of bounds.

@ShockRef:, was there anything different they could have done, or should have done on that violation? I know it was odd, but he was making no attempt to throw the ball in and obviously fell on a wet spot while out of bounds. Would the refs have been out of line to stop play, dry the spot and restart again with us taking the ball out?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I must have watched it a dozen times last night and I couldn't tell either way. It could have been, it might not have been, I don't know, but it would have been another BRUTAL call to go against us in the last second.

On top of that, the game was not called tight all night but it was very consistent which you cannot complain about imho. Both teams were allowed to be physical and both teams took a lot of contact around the basket with a minimum of calls. A foul and a goaltending with less than a second (AGAIN) would have been an awful way to end a hard fought game, especially with what happened to DWill out of bounds.

@ShockRef, was there anything different they could have done, or should have done on that violation? I know it was odd, but he was making no attempt to throw the ball in and obviously fell on a wet spot while out of bounds. Would the refs have been out of line to stop play, dry the spot and restart again with us taking the ball out?
                            I'm not ShockRef but there really isn't. If a player slips at the top of the key and loses the ball or travels, you go with it and then clean up the spot. The ball was live and we just have to live with it. I'm glad he reached across and hit the ball though as they would have probably had an easy basket had he not.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not sure why so many people are so sure it was basket interference. Watched the replay several times and you clearly see the ball hit the front of the rim and bounce up and to the left. Up and to the left. Every time, up and to the left....

Comment

Working...
                              X