7 blocks

He will break the single season school record for blocks

Comment

8 Points.

14 Rebounds.

6 Blocks.

1 Game.

Comment

What's the record for double doubles? If he hovers anywhere close to 10 points per game, you could see him going for 10 boards pretty easily most nights.

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized how epically stupid it was to even think about that as soon as I hit the Post button.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Mickell Gladness had 16 blocks in a single game (no other player in Division I history has even recorded 15 blocks in a single game). Otherwise, 5 have recorded 14 blocks, and 11 have recorded 13 per game.
            According to the WSU Fact Book Shocker Gene Wiley had 4 triple-doubles in his career including:

12/11/1961 vs Purdue 12 points, 13 rebounds and 15 blocks (40)

His other triple-doubles were:

12/21/1961 vs Santa Clara 17 points, 16 rebounds, 12 blocks (45)01/18/1962 vs Tulsa 22 points, 23 rebounds, 10 blocks (55)

01/27/1962 vs Louisville 12 points, 15 rebounds, 12 blocks (39)

Note that these games weren't exactly against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

I agree with dregn. I would be very happy if EO could give us a points + rebounds + blocks = 25 game and averaged maybe 12 -13 p+r+b per game.

The only other Shocker with 4 career triple-doubles was Warren (Armstrong) Jabali but his were all points, rebounds and assists.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              12/11/1961 vs Purdue 12 points, 13 rebounds and 15 blocks (40)
              Wow can you shoot me a link to that? That's a big deal that he lead the NCAA all that time without credit, if we can verify it. It would still make him second all by his lonesome.

Comment

Wow can you shoot me a link to that? That's a big deal that he lead the NCAA all that time without credit, if we can verify it. It would still make him second all by his lonesome.
                Bah, @1972Shocker: ... according to the 2009-2010 NCAA record book: "Blocked shots and steals were added in 1985-86" meaning that's when they began taking official stats for those categories.

Comment

Here is a link to the WSU Fact Book that is on goshockers.com.:

The triple-double club is on page 80 of 93. You need to magnify the page to read it.

You can also see the 15 blocks on the individual game records on page 79.

Comment

Here is a link to the WSU Fact Book that is on goshockers.com.:

The triple-double club is on page 80 of 93. You need to magnify the page to read it.

You can also see the 15 blocks on the individual game records on page 79.
                    Gene Wiley was a stud.

What about double doubles?

Comment

I would be very happy if EO could give us a points + rebounds + blocks = 25 game and averaged maybe 12 -13 p+r+b per game.
                      EO's best p+r+b game last year was 18 against Southern Illinois (5+9+4) in 22 minutes. He also had 14 (4+6+4) against Drake in 12 minutes.

Comment

I just want an average of 4-6-2 in 15 mpg. If Lufile is out, it may need to be 6-7-3 in 22 mpg. That would be a nice finish to his career and anything above that makes this team very good.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

14 points
                          12 rebounds
                          5 blocks
                          24 minutes
                          "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            EO's best p+r+b game last year was 18 against Southern Illinois (5+9+4) in 22 minutes. He also had 14 (4+6+4) against Drake in 12 minutes.
                            I think stats like the drake one will be the low end of the norm for him. The siu one will be close to what we should be expecting as usual occurrences with a lot of room for potentially better. He's already shown he can bring it. Minutes are the only new thing we will be seeing. This is gonna be fun.

Comment

Hall had a 17+13+3 (33) in 29 minutes against Creighton here.

Comment

Working...
                              X