Predict Orukpe's best game stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predict Orukpe's best game stats

Given Orukpe's likely increased playing time, it is probable he will have his best games as a Shocker this year. What do you think his best will be?

For example: 8 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks, 25 minutes

((not my actual prediction))
    Last edited by CBB_Fan; November 3, 2012, 05:05 PM.

Logically, his best scoring games will come against teams with smaller front courts. His best rebounding games will come against teams that like to jack it up and not penetrate (hopefully he is the cause of this condition a few times this year). His best blocking games should come against teams that like to penetrate and are slow learners. EO has a great chance in leading our team in fouls as well.

T

...:cool:

Comment

This is my first attempt at a memorable post (#3991):

The Howard Bisons (http://www.howard-bison.com/sports/mbkb/2011-12/roster) have three centers who are 6'11" (205 lb), 6'9" (230 lb) and 6'8" (190 lb). Ehimen Orukpe is 7'0" (250 lb). On Sat, Nov 17, Orukpe will get his first double-double when he scores 11 points and pulls in 12 rebounds.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

One game, 13 points, 13 rebounds, 6 blocks, 5 fouls and 20,000 hands clapping.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

My first post in this thread was in no way answering the OP's question. It was a complete waste of cyber space. Let me be more specific in this one..

I predict several double-doubles this year. I predict several 5 dunk games. I predict at least one game where he scores 18pts. His rebound per minute will be high as will his foul per minute. If he can learn to limit his fouling as the year progresses, he will be deadly. Also, he will lead the Valley in blocked shots and could threaten WSU's single season record for blocked shots.

T

Comment

18 points in the Pittsburg State, North Carolina Central, or Howard game?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              18 points in the Pittsburg State, North Carolina Central, or Howard game?
              One of those.. ;)

T

Comment

He may have his best game against the Bears since they are so undersized in the post. I would go with 5 points and 5 rebounds. :wink-new:

Comment

Already had 5, 9, and 4 in a game last year so you lose this prediction. You may not be as familiar with Orukpe as others due to the fact that unathletic Stutz went off for 46 points in the two meeting last year.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Already had 5, 9, and 4 in a game last year so you lose this prediction. You may not be as familiar with Orukpe as others due to the fact that unathletic Stutz went off for 46 points in the two meeting last year.
                    Mine was a tongue in cheek comment. He will probably go off on us. He has 5 inches on our longest player.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
                      Mine was a tongue in cheek comment. He will probably go off on us. He has 5 inches on our longest player.
                      Are we talking height right now, or something else?

Comment

My guess is he will have 3-4 games this year where he'll hit between 20 and 25 total points + rebounds + blocks. I don't think he'll reach above 25. I'll go with a best game of 12 points 9 boards and 4 blocks. I think he'll have other games where he'll get more in any one of those categories, but not a better game as a whole.

Comment

13 pts, 6 rebs, 4 blks

Comment

Just for fun I googled some blocking records. This is all copy/paste from Wikipedia:

Shot blocking records in the NCAA

Most career blocks: Jarvis Varnado Mississippi State (564) (2006-10)
                            Most blocks single season player: David Robinson Navy (207) (1985-86)
                            Most blocks per game single season player: Shawn James Northeastern (6.53) (2005-06)
                            Most blocks single season team: Kentucky Wildcats (344) (2011-12)

Mickell Gladness had 16 blocks in a single game (no other player in Division I history has even recorded 15 blocks in a single game). Otherwise, 5 have recorded 14 blocks, and 11 have recorded 13 per game.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Not sure how EO will do on stats this Season. However, players do develop under Coach Marshall and several of his Seniors here have saved their best for last. Mr. Stutz was one of them. EO is a Senior, has paid his dues, and will get a fair shot. He again is 'surrounded from within' with solid players that also want playing time. This game comes down to being consistent. This summer, I witnessed flashes of "eyebrow lifting" plays by EO to other moments when other Shockers were having to remind him to 'kick it into gear' and pay attention. These teamates also understand that EO can help us this Season which explains their encouaging words of caution towards him. The game last for 40 minutes and EO needs to just do what he does in a team concept for the minutes allowed to him. It won't be a rose garden for EO but we all agree we want him to succeed. Let's hope he plays like the TV Commentator in our VCU game (I think it was that game) last Season predicted he would this Season.

Who were some other players that played solid 'more so' their Senior Season? I think of James Gibbs, Henry Carr, and Gary Cundiff.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X