Toure Murry picked 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Toure's Rio Grande team wins game 1 of the D-League finals. Finals stats for Toure:

17 points (2nd on team, 3rd in game), 10 rebounds (tied for 1st in game), 10 assists (1st in game), 6 steals (1st in game), 8 turnovers (1st in game). Not a great shooting game and obviously the turnovers are high, but still, huge game. Had a big put-back bucket late along with clutch freethrows (while dealing with cramps). Even with the big turnover numbers, he still had the same (I'm counting 10:8 as roughly the same as 4:3) or better assist to turnover ratio to all but 3 guys between the two teams and had twice as many assists as the #2 guy in the game (Stefhon Hannah of Santa Cruz) who had 5 assists alongside 5 turnovers.
    Putting up numbers like that in the D league finals might just land that man in the big league. WSU might have an NBAer soon if he continues his post season trend.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

His team has had 6 or 7 players called up to the NBA this season. I like his chances of at least getting a cup of coffee. The D-League is a catch 22. Not much money but a lot better odds of getting sniff in the NBA if that's the ultimate goal

Comment

They're playing him as a PG, right?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          They're playing him as a PG, right?
          Looked like it.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yes, he played the point most of the game… and I believe he played the most minutes of any player on his team. The team was much better when he was on the floor. Once he improves his ball handling skills and 3-point shooting (he clanked a couple last night), "it's Katie bar the door!" He’ll make a NBA team better because he does so many things well. He penetrates and dishes well; plays solid ‘on ball’ defense and gets numerous steals and deflections because of his length. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t make a NBA roster next season. IMO, he’s that good already and will only get better. Watching Toure again was a real treat.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Even it he does not make the Big Show, he will certainly have a long career abroad, if he wishes it.

Save his money and retire from basketball with some eggs in the bank.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

It is always great to see a Shocker excel and Toure is certainly most deserving all the success we wish for him.

Comment

Saw on twitter Murry named to second team all defense!
                  Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

When is the next game? And are broadcasts available on the internet?
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                      When is the next game? And are broadcasts available on the internet?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I saw mid-season write up on Toure "Re" Murray that was awesome. His game has really developed as he controlled the tempo from the point last game. Distributing the ball and picking and choosing the times to call his own number. He truly made the RGV team better when he was in. Can't say that about to many D-League players as most are playing "Me" ball and not team ball.
                        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

I poked around the D-League site but didn't locate any link to watch live. Is that correct or is there a link?

Here is the link to rebroadcast if anyone wants to see game 1 (and presumably later games once they are played): http://www.youtube.com/nbadleague
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Murry with 13pts, 4 rebs, 5 ast, 3 stl, 3to in the win!
                            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

GAme is taped delayed. They'll broadcast it at midnight on CBS sports network.
                              When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Kid is so damned smooth it's not funny.

Just love this kid and his family. I really hope he gets a chance in the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X