Toure Murry picked 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toure Murry picked 15th

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet so I figured Id put it up. Toure Murry was taken in the 1st round at #15 in the NBA D-League draft by the Austin Toros.

San Antonio Spurs affiliation.
    Shox-4-Life

That doesn't surprise me
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Toure has been playing with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (Houston Rockets affiliate) in the D-League. He has played in 10 games and started 4. Averaging 5.6 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.5 apg, and 1.9 steals per game. Playing 15.5 minutes per game. Best of luck to Toure!

"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Quite a few recognizable names on that roster: http://www.nba.com/dleague/riograndevalley/roster/
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

If you want to watch him, his team plays both this monday and wednesday at noon on NBA TV (2259 Cox).

Comment

Been a while since we've seen any info on Toure.

Rio Grande Valley is flush with talent. Even with Andrew Goudelock recently getting called up to the Los Angeles Lakers, the Vipers still have two of our top 15 Prospects -- D.J. Kennedy and Glen Rice Jr. -- as well as other known commodities like Tyler Honeycutt and Chris Daniels. This is in addition to having Tim Ohlbrecht, who signed a multi-year deal with the Rockets in February, down on assignment.

Even so, there's another player that has flown relatively under the radar, what with all of RGV's Call-Ups, assignments and player movement this season, that could have a shocking impact on this championship series: Toure Murry.

The Wichita State product continued a strong month for his alma mater -- after the Shockers made it all the way to the Final Four in this year's NCAA Tournament as a No. 9 seed -- with his best two-game stretch of the season against Tulsa in the semifinals. Murray was methodical, scoring 16 points in Game 1 and 19 points in the decisive Game 2. Better yet, he scored those 35 points on just 19 shots, shooting 14-for-19 (73.7 percent) from the field and hitting five of his seven 3-point attempts.

Amplifying his impact is that Murry, who averaged 8.3 points per game in the regular season, did more than just score in bunches. In the semifinals, he also averaged 6.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists to just 1.5 turnovers in 36 minutes per night. Against a similarly Prospect-heavy Santa Cruz team in the Finals, Murry will be called upon for that same kind of effort.

At 6-foot-5, Murry has good size for a wing player and he plays above average defense, two very appealing attributes for NBA teams. If his offensive game continues to click like it did in the semifinals, he is sure to enter the summer with some solid momentum. Murry played with the Lakers in this past NBA Summer League and he is a strong candidate for another invite.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Shockers still whoopin up on Tulsa even in the NBA-D league.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Glad to see him doing so well. We know he can be streaky at times, but hopefully more maturity is settling that problem. Loved him when he was here and I'll watch him whenever I know he is going to play.

Comment

Had Insomnia the other night and watched his 16 point game against Tulsa last night. He finished very nicely around the Rim a couple of times.

Goudelock was on that team for most of the season before getting called up to LA because of Kobe's injury.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

5 of 7 NBA three balls.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      5 of 7 NBA three balls.
                      I'm sure that's surprising news to Fever.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                        I'm sure that's surprising news to Fever.
                        What's his career stats?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          What's his career stats?
                          His one year in the D League. .392 33-84...not bad

Comment

Murry's problem was that the 3-pt line was to close in college, just as for Jake White, the 3-pt line was too far away. Both had to find their sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              Murry's problem was that the 3-pt line was to close in college, just as for Jake White, the 3-pt line was too far away. Both had to find their sweet spot.
                              Was just about to post this.

Toure always seemed to overshoot the 3-ball if he was on the line, I bet his percentage was better a step or two back.

Maybe off topic, but I always felt like EO had to shorten his natural motion to shoot free throws. I kind of wonder if he would have done better stepping back from the line a bit.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X