Toure Murry picked 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    Maybe off topic, but I always felt like EO had to shorten his natural motion to shoot free throws. I kind of wonder if he would have done better stepping back from the line a bit.
    EO looked like he might have been better shooting FTs from underneath the opposite basket.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Except for...the 2nd to last of his career, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        Maybe off topic, but I always felt like EO had to shorten his natural motion to shoot free throws. I kind of wonder if he would have done better stepping back from the line a bit.
        I sure agree with your comment. It seemed that his free throws either banged off the back of the rim or the backboard.

It is not uncommon for some players to move back from the line by about 6 inches +/-.

Near the end of the season, I saw EO make 12/15, during a shoot around. I had a glimmer of hope. Alas, it was not to be.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          EO looked like he might have been better shooting FTs from underneath the opposite basket.
          Lmao.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Toure is currently playing in the D-League playoffs on CBS Sports Network.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Toure is currently playing in the D-League playoffs on CBS Sports Network.
              how is he doing?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                how is he doing?
                13 points (5-11 from the field, 0-2 from 3), 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals but also 6 turnovers with ~11:00 minutes to go.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

13 points (5-11 from the field, 0-2 from 3), 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals but also 6 turnovers.
                  Sounds like the Toure we know and love.

Comment

Now has added anther missed 3, but also 4 more rebounds (8 total) and 2 more assists (9 total) with ~9:00 to go.

Comment

Toure now with a double-double after picking up his 10th assist with ~7:30 to go. Two rebounds away from a triple-double.

Comment

Toure gets his triple-double!

Stats with ~2:30 to go:

15 points (6-16 shooting), 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 steals, and 7 turnovers (although his last TO probably should have been called a foul). His 10 assists and 10 rebounds are also game highs.

Comment

Toure gets his triple-double!

Stats with ~2:30 to go:

15 points (6-16 shooting), 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 steals, and 7 turnovers (although his last TO probably should have been called a foul). His 10 assists and 10 rebounds are also game highs.
                          Ended with 6 steals. 17 points, 10 boards, 10 assists. Congrats to Toure!

Comment

It was great to watch him play! The announcers had nothing but wonderful praise for him. Very determined...leaving it all on the floor.
                            When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Toure's Rio Grande team wins game 1 of the D-League finals. Finals stats for Toure:

17 points (2nd on team, 3rd in game), 10 rebounds (tied for 1st in game), 10 assists (1st in game), 6 steals (1st in game), 8 turnovers (1st in game). Not a great shooting game and obviously the turnovers are high, but still, huge game. Had a big put-back bucket late along with clutch freethrows (while dealing with cramps). Even with the big turnover numbers, he still had the same (I'm counting 10:8 as roughly the same as 4:3) or better assist to turnover ratio to all but 3 guys between the two teams and had twice as many assists as the #2 guy in the game (Stefhon Hannah of Santa Cruz) who had 5 assists alongside 5 turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                                Ended with 6 steals. 17 points, 10 boards, 10 assists. Congrats to Toure!
                                ... And a serious cramp with about 50 seconds remaining; he sucked it up and made two clutch free throws that pretty much sealed the win. Enjoyed watching the entire game and needed something to take my mind off other things.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X