Clear All

• Biggest hyped recruit that was a disappointment

Phil Mendleson
    John Smith
    Kenny Manigault
    Marvin Hill
    Kurt Flowers

Marcellus Graves
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Perry Ellis
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Marcellus Graves
        "CAN RUN ALL NIGHT"

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Marcellus Graves
          Marcellus barely averaged 10 points a game in high school. Not sure the hype was that great.
          Last edited by shoxlax; November 1, 2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Was it just me or did Rick "Air" Conn not have a 42" vertical? Also, when we signed Ryan Herrs, we were told that we signed the best player in the State that year when Adrian Griffen was still unsigned. I was okay with Ryan Herrs as a Shock. However, I never witnessed him in playing for the Boston Celtics. Also, we were told that Darren Duggar was a future NBA type player? At least we looked good in those days at Airports? Yikes!!!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Reggie Smithson
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Perry Ellis
                At least we pulled out all the stops in our attempts to sign Perry Ellis. In the case of Johnny Murdock, a tactical recruiting blunder was made with the attitude of "who the hay is John Murdock? Is he a City League player?" Well, around 8-10 losses later, those few folk that ever thought that fairy tale from our own back yad, learned what most of us knew all along. Mr. Murdock was far from chopped liver and was a solid Valley player.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  At least we pulled out all the stops in our attempts to sign Perry Ellis. In the case of Johnny Murdock, a tactical recruiting blunder was made with the attitude of "who the hay is John Murdock? Is he a City League player?" Well, around 8-10 losses later, those few folk that ever thought that fairy tale from our own back yad, learned what most of us knew all along. Mr. Murdock was far from chopped liver and was a solid Valley player.
                  Right on. Can't blame anybody for losing Perry. Sooo dissappointing though. For those of you that think I misspelled dissappointing look again. :)
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Eventhough the jury is still out and since he's found his way onto every other thread on this forum, I'm just mentioning his initials: :poster_eo:

PS: Any reply will get no reply from me.

Comment

Darin Williams.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you were expecting...if your expectations are too high...
                        I am fine with Darin Williams. Had Maurice stayed, it would have helped the whole situation, but that's another story for another day...

Comment

SIMMIE HILL
                          Greatest recruit in Wichita University history. His freshman class easly defeated the varsity. In 1966, Sports Illustrated said at 6'-8" he was the Shocker's answer to Wes Unsel.

The only problem he did not EVER go to class, and never played in a game.

He later played six years in the ABA and NBA.

Comment

Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some more mention-worthy overhyped gets:

K.C. Hunt- perfected the lazy cross-court, telegraphed pass
                              Patrice Scott- Injuries galore
                              Jamie Sowers- lol but THAT VERTICAL YOU GUYS
                              Gaylon Nickerson- Cohen was totally worth it for this guy
                              Dutch Duo- Man did these oafs ever suck, would fit in great at UE
                              Gal Mekel- too bad things didn't work out while he was here
                              Mantas Griskenas- JUCO All-American, great dude, unfortunate candidate for early arthitis

There are so many bad players from the 90s I could list up there, but I mean, did anyone every really think Dorian Estell, Chris Potter, Jerry Stewart, Keith Stricklen, Ziggie McKey, Kevin Gwaltney, Boo Craft, Ross Peacock, Tony Johnson, Brian Ewell, or Kamau Alexander were gonna lead us out of the abyss and back to greatness?

Comment

Working...
                              X