Evansville 79 - Illinois-Springfield 54
    Missouri State 82 - McKendree 54
    Southern Illinois 73 - Upper Iowa 62

Sunday, Novermber 4:
    Northern Iowa 69 - Northern State 48

Monday, November 5:
    Illinois State 93 - Quincy 64
    Wichita State 100 - Pittsburg State 56

Not sure it is of any real signficance but CU, WSU, ILS, INS & DU play one exhibition (and I presume one D-1 scrimmage). EU, BU, UNI, MSU and SIU are playing two exhibition games.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 6, 2012, 09:05 AM.

Definitely looks like more of the same for Evansville. Colt Ryan scored 33 points on 20 FG attemtps and 8-8 from the line in the Aces 73-55 win over Southern Indiana. 6'7" Soph Jaylon Moore was the only other Evansville player in double figures with 13. Evansville narrowly won the rebounding stat at 42-39. Ryan also lead Evansville in rebounding with 9.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 31, 2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Bradley did get 4 players into double figures against Upper Iowa lead by 16 points from Will Egolf, 15 from Walt Lemon, 12 from Dyricus Simms-Edwards and 11 from Jake Eastman.

Egolf was 4-5 from behind the arc. Unusual for him since he is 0-16 in his carreer from long-distance in games that count.

Upper Iowa did win the battle of the boards 27-20 and Bradley turned the ball over 17 times.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Saturday, October 27:

Southern Illinois 83 - Lincoln (MO) 47
        Did the Lincoln (MO) starters all catch leprosy and lose a leg this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
          Did the Lincoln (MO) starters all catch leprosy and lose a leg this summer?
          Barruh working his magic I guess.

Comment

I forgot about Jordan Jahr from Evansville. I really liked that kid's game before he got hurt. If back to full speed, he would nicely replace Denver as a secondary scoring option.

Bradley appears to be bad. SIU is going to struggle a lot. MSU was outrebounded last night according to reports on their website but Gavin Thurman scored 21 on a bunch of 3s in his debut. The Bears are likely to be poor in the paint.

Comment

Wichita native Gavin Thurman lead the Bears to their 81-67 win over Missouri Western with 21 points in 21 minutes of play. He was 6-9 from behind the arc.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 2, 2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Definitely looks like more of the same for Evansville. Colt Ryan scored 33 points on 20 FG attemtps and 8-8 from the line in the Aces 73-55 win over Southern Indiana. 6'7" Soph Jaylon Moore was the only other Evansville player in double figures with 13. Evansville narrowly won the rebounding stat at 42-39.
                How often do you see guys play 35 minutes in exhibition games? Not to mention a guy with 33 points and his team leading by 20, still in the game with a minute left. Marty must've really wanted that W over Southern Indiana..

From the best I can tell so far, Badley is going to continue to be bad, likely worse than SIU. EU will rely pretty much on the services of Mr. Ryan, his 38 minutes per game, and a bevy of moving screens and picks that will lead to easy, open shots. Northern I. can take a Cliff to the woodshed it appears and MSU is gonna be in the Valley Triangle of Bad with SIU and BU.

Btw, thanks for the schedule.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I forgot about Jordan Jahr from Evansville. I really liked that kid's game before he got hurt. If back to full speed, he would nicely replace Denver as a secondary scoring option.
                  Jahr played 19 minutes against Southern Indiana. He only scored 2 points but he did grab 6 rebounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    How often do you see guys play 35 minutes in exhibition games? Not to mention a guy with 33 points and his team leading by 20, still in the game with a minute left. Marty must've really wanted that W over Southern Indiana.
                    Apparently Marty doesn't want Colt to get into any bad habits from sitting on the bench.

Comment

RJ Mahurin leads Indiana State to 79-66 win over Lewis before a throng of 3,625 fans.

Mahurin came of the bench to notch 21 points in 15 minutes of play.

Comment

Mahurin is a winner, I like that kid. He would be lucky to be a 4 for 5 kid here (damned lucky) but still, I like his game. Also, that's a HUGE crowd for the Trees. You sure that game wasn't AT Lewis?

If Colt doesn't wear out at some point, I'll be shocked. The game, even at Evansville's level, is too physical. I applaud his effort and skill though...that kid battles.

I know Creighton played Iowa in a closed scrimmage. Reports floating about that it was fairly even, which should awaken any fans that think Iowa will be a pushover in Cancun (if we meet up).

Lemon, Egolf and Simms-Edwards should be better than 1-17 if they have any other pieces.

Thurman is a shooter but the rest of his game, like most freshmen, needs a lot of refinement to say the least. Like D Green for us, he would be a great redshirt candidate. The difference of course is MSU needs him now (like we needed Stutz 4 years ago) and he might be their best player, and we don't need Green at all. That's program building 101.

Love having Barry back. He's a good dude and I hope he returns SIU to some level of success as it's good for the Valley. I give him a pass for his days at KU due to his history with Self. One time hall pass Coach, don't make me regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Thurman is a shooter but the rest of his game, like most freshmen, needs a lot of refinement to say the least. Like D Green for us, he would be a great redshirt candidate. The difference of course is MSU needs him now (like we needed Stutz 4 years ago) and he might be their best player, and we don't need Green at all. That's program building 101.
                          I disgree with you on this one, WuDrWu. I think Thurman's 21 points in an exhibition game are more indicative of his offensive talent than the talent level at MSU. Sure, they are reeling a little bit talentwise, but Scheer, Kirk, and Downing are not slouches in the Valley. That being said, Thurman is not their best player by any means. He will probably back up Drew Wilson at the 4 during the season, just as he did in the exhibition game.

I also don't like the Green/Thurman comparison. Thurman is a stretch 4/point-forward type with handles, vision, and a quick release. Green is a long, fairly athletic catch-and-shoot wing. Green will likely RS out of necessity, whereas Thurman (whose offers were both mid- and high-major level; higher than Green's) would probably have done so at WSU because of lack of need. To me, it's apples and oranges.

Comment

Green has handles! He doesn't have the strength to drive the paint, but he can handle a basketball all day long. That boy has a real chance to make money at the next level.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Speaking of Thurman...I 've forgotten...interest from us in him at all? looks to be a nice catch for them!

Comment

Working...
                              X