• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-25 Bracketology

MEN'S BRACKETOLOGY: 2024 NCAA TOURNAMENT
    BY JOE LUNARDI
    UPDATED: 4/16/2024 AT 9 A.M. ET​

"There is no longer an off-season in college basketball. With more than 1,500 Division I players changing teams, the majority of programs are dependent on the transfer portal to stock and re-stock their rosters each spring. The resulting tumult creates wide swings in projected performance for the following year, and we're here to track it for you with monthly bracket updates until opening night on November 4....First, this projection includes all portal activity through close of business on April 15. Second, it excludes all players that are consensus NBA first- or early second-round picks as well as other underclassmen who have renounced their college eligibility. Finally, it assumes the return of the last class of COVID-year players unless announced otherwise. Remember this is a very early snapshot and we are a long, long way from November."

Conference Breakdown
    Big Ten 9
    SEC 9
    Big 12 8
    ACC 7
    Big East 6
    WCC 3
    Mountain West 2

Teams of Interest
    Memphis 11-Seed

Do these type rankings mean anything today. Preseason ranking have always been a bit of a joke, but now they are a total clown show looking for a spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
      Do these type rankings mean anything today. Preseason ranking have always been a bit of a joke, but now they are a total clown show looking for a spotlight.
      I believe there is some relevance this far out. How did Lunardi do last year Projected compared to Actual:
      Team Projected Actual Diff
      UConn 1 1 0
      Kansas 1 4 3
      Arizona 1 2 1
      Kentucky 1 3 2
      Michigan State 2 9 7
      Alabama 2 4 2
      Gonzaga 2 5 3
      Houston 2 1 -1
      USC 3 missed
      Creighton 3 3 0
      Baylor 3 3 0
      Marquette 3 2 -1
      Duke 4 4 0
      FAU 4 8 4
      Tennesse 4 2 -2
      Michigan 4 missed

I know I know, I didn't look at all the teams, just the top 4-seeds (16 teams).

87.5% of the teams predicted ended up making the Tournament.
      62.5% of the teams ended up within 2 Seed Lines or less.
      12.5% of the teams missed the Tournament completely.

Comment

Well then why are we spending money on NIL??? We should just be bribing Lunardi to predict us as a 1 seed!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sources: NCAA presents new basketball tournament models that would expand field by 4 or 8 teams
          https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nca...214628269.html

Ross Dellenger, Senior College Reporter
          Wed, Jun 19, 2024

"NAPLES, Fla. — College basketball moved one step closer this week to an expanded NCAA men’s basketball tournament. NCAA officials on Wednesday presented to Division I conference commissioners at least two models of an expanded field, one with an additional four teams and another with an additional eight teams, commissioners told Yahoo Sports. Officials declined to speak publicly about the models. The models would expand the 68-team field to 72 or 76 teams, with additional at-large selections as well as at least one additional First Four site. Any expansion would begin, at earliest, in the 2025-26 season...."

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X