Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberty

It would be kind of nice to have Adam right now. Averaging 10 points, over 4 rebounds, over 3 1/2 assists. Shooting 41% from 3 and 76% from the line. The only bad stat is the 41% field goal percentage. At least he would be someone who could control the ball pretty well on offense and play strong defense, now that he has become a bit of a threat offensively.

Not saying he should have stayed, just happy for him that he is having a fairly decent senior year.

He wouldve already graduated if he had stayed here.
    YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

the only bad stat is 41% from the field???????????

Comment

its all about Zamal Nixon right now.

Comment

Go check out Calvin Walls. Think maybe ran him off a little prematurely?

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
            With the current situation at hand, I'm sure there is someone in Shockerand that could pose a similar discussion about every player that has found greener pastures in the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
              Had Calvin stayed here, I'm not sure he would have gotten the minutes to develop into the player he is now. It's amazing what a year at juco can do.

Had Calvin stayed, he'd probably have Thomasson's scholarship. I'm not sure a conclusive case can be made for Calvin over Phil. Phil is more of a scorer, Calvin is more of a rebounder. From a statistical standpoint, if Ramon were an inch or two taller, he'd be Calvin Walls.

Comment

Maybe he would have had Arbry's scholarship or Brown's or Young's or Preadom's?

There are endless iterations of how it could have played out.

I really don't have a problem with coaches helping players that they feel can't cut it out the door, BUT if you are going to take the reputational risks that go with those personnel decisions, you better make damn sure you find upgrades.

I will always love Turgeon for the good things he brought to WSU, but he made quite a few extremely poor personnel decisions/evaluations.

The thing that really blows me away is missing on guys like Morningstar and Teahan. I realize that sitting on KU's bench has some perks, but it shouldn't be that difficult to sell everything that WSU had to offer. Those guys would be stars.

Comment

Morningstar would have done anything he needed to do to be a Jayhawk. It would not have mattered if we had guaranteed him 35 minutes a game and 90 wins in 4 years, he wasn't going to come here. I am not a professional judge of talent, but after watching him in high school, I don't think he was going to be a star anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                    Morningstar would have done anything he needed to do to be a Jayhawk. It would not have mattered if we had guaranteed him 35 minutes a game and 90 wins in 4 years, he wasn't going to come here. I am not a professional judge of talent, but after watching him in high school, I don't think he was going to be a star anywhere.
                    May be you are correct that he was overrated (we will never know now), but I've seen enough of him to know he is significantly better than Nick Bahe.

Yeah, it may be stretching, but I think a truly great recruiter could have sold either him or Teahan on being the next great Valley wing. I'd show endless Korver, Funk, & Jacobson highlights to them...and then show them Nick Bahe and Jeff Hawkins highlights from KU.

I may be full of it, but it amazes me that with all we had to offer coming off of a sweet 16, beating LSU & Syracuse, being on the cover of SI, and being ranked as high as #8 last season we couldn't have come a little closer to keeping two the the better players in our home state from sitting the bench as essentially walk ons.

Comment

Like AdLib, Calvin would have graduated last year. Moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        Are you sure, Doc? Didn't Calvin use his redshirt year here his first season? I honestly don't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          Are you sure, Doc? Didn't Calvin use his redshirt year here his first season? I honestly don't remember.
                          Yes, he did redshirt. I still hold a visual image of him, during pre-game warm-ups. His nickname should be Good News, with Cliff's permission, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            I knew he redshirted but I miscalculated and figured a transfer year which was incorrect because he went to and from Juco.

Fresh 03-04 Redshirt So. 04-05 Juco So 05-06 Jr @ TU 06-07 Sr 07-08

My bad, thanks for the correction!

Comment

nm

Comment

Working...
                              X