Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Barely cracked the playbook. . .

Isn't that the new world? Without player continuity, what coach can fully implement their system? They will need to dumb it down until there is some expectation that a majority of underclassmen will return for their 2nd and 3rd years.
    Might have something to do with not having a competent PG

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
      Somebody do a quick poll on Shockernet.

Until we hear something official about "this weekend", how often will you pick up your phone and check shockernet?

a. every 5 minutes
      b. every 10-15 minutes
      c. 1/2 hour
      d. hourly
      e. I figured out a way to have notifications sent to me when a bomb goes off

E
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Pay attention this weekend.
        It's 5:01pm cst where I live, so officially the weekend.
        LIAR!!!

Comment

I said medium..got my fingers crossed
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

RH: Podcast with Harlond Beverly on Shocker Basketball

Wichita State's Harlond Beverly joins the podcast with the story of why his dad wanted him to wear No. 20 and the NBA player who also wore that number.

We discuss Beverly's admiration of LeBron James and his growing affection for UFC. We also talk about why the Shockers improved over the season's final weeks. He describes how coach Paul Mills challenged him to be a better offensive player and how Mills' work building relationships pays off. We wrap up with movie talk, diving into Beverly's favorite films by Christopher Nolan.​

Listen to the podcast

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              RH: Podcast with Harlond Beverly on Shocker Basketball

Wichita State's Harlond Beverly joins the podcast with the story of why his dad wanted him to wear No. 20 and the NBA player who also wore that number.

We discuss Beverly's admiration of LeBron James and his growing affection for UFC. We also talk about why the Shockers improved over the season's final weeks. He describes how coach Paul Mills challenged him to be a better offensive player and how Mills' work building relationships pays off. We wrap up with movie talk, diving into Beverly's favorite films by Christopher Nolan.​

Listen to the podcast
              I hope everyone takes the time to listen to this interview. Paul does a great job as usual and 'Harlond Beverly' is a very well-spoken young man.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I hope everyone takes the time to listen to this interview. Paul does a great job as usual and 'Harlond Beverly' is a very well-spoken young man.

Comment

I like Beverly. I am glad he is a Shocker. And, while he isn't perfect there was a good chunk of the season that he was our best assist man. Not how it SHOULD be, but if he can start next season the way he finished last several games of this season he could be poised for a good final year.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I honestly like everything I've heard and learned about Bev. I think his BBIQ is very high, but his execution has lacked, often times trying to do more than required or that he was capable of doing in the moment.

I believe he's going to have a fantastic year next season if he stays healthy. I also believe he's going to succeed in life, no matter what. And that's real winning.

Comment

I'll take a high character, motivated player with less talent for multiple years over any low character, high talent player looking for big money for one year, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                        I'll take a high character, motivated player with less talent for multiple years over any low character, high talent player looking for big money for one year, every time.
                        Let's see what we can do with the XB's of the world. Is there a place? Sure. I wouldn't base my starting line up with 5 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Let's see what we can do with the XB's of the world. Is there a place? Sure. I wouldn't base my starting line up with 5 of them.
                          He seems high character and has less talent than some. As a PG he is not good. Doesn't know how to setup team mates for a play and can't keep his head up when driving into the lane.
                          But yes, he is the kind I would keep and work on his weaknesses. I think he can develop into a nice player.
                          Even if he can't keep his head up when driving into the lane he could learn to draw fouls when he got in there, and that is more valuable than 2 points in most circumstances.

Comment

Even if he can't keep his head up when driving into the lane he could learn to draw fouls when he got in there, and that is more valuable than 2 points in most circumstances.
                            He doesn't already do that? Um, ok...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

He doesn't already do that? Um, ok...
                              No, if he did he would find an open man or he would draw more fouls. He did neither, he just about always made a move to shoot.

Comment

No, if he did he would find an open man or he would draw more fouls. He did neither, he just about always made a move to shoot.
                                He averaged 3 assists per game and was third on team in free throws. He finished the season strong. Expect he will be a big contributor next season

Comment

Working...
                                X