No announcement yet.

2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Way-To-Early Springtime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Way-To-Early Springtime Edition”

Looking Back
    2019–20 = 23–8 (COVID-19 pandemic)
    2020–21 = 16–6 (NCAA Division - First Four)
    2021–22 = 15–13
    2022–23 = 17–15
    2023–24 = 15–19

Looking Foward
    ​Transfer Portal: (see https://verbalcommits.com/)

Coaching Changes: None, as Coach Mills has completed his 1st Season.

Non-Conference Schedule: (see https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...le#post1437018) about a third of it is known.

Conference Schedule: WSU will probably be predicted to finish 6th thru 9th. The Shockers were picked 8th for the 2023-24 Season.
    Very Low: 18 wins or less
    16.28%
    Low: 19 to 21 wins
    46.51%
    Medium: 22 to 24 wins
    30.23%
    High: 25 to 27 wins
    2.33%
    Very High: 28 wins or more
    4.65%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; June 24, 2024, 10:31 AM.

I said Low, can we get to 20 wins next season based on the information we have today? That looks like a big lift to me, but the optimist in me says, it's in range.

Comment

I know you said way to early. But impossible to know until we know what our roster might look like.

So I will hold off on a guess for now lol
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Late or early don't make no difference man...... a ***'* a ***'*.

Comment

Based on what we know right now, 18 wins is quite optimistic and is somehow listed as Very Low. That would be Very Low when 3G was running the program. We need a lot of ****ing additions that add major value to even hope for 20 wins. Right now, we aren't anywhere close to that.

I think we currently have one AAC starter level talent on the roster, and he's still limited.

There's not a single shooter on the team that strikes any sort of fear into the other team.

We have a team full of solid(ish) backups and a couple of young, unproven guys that we can be hopeful for.

I'd prefer to see this poll done in say July, after we know what the makeup of the team should be.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Immediately following last nights championship game, there was already a CBS projection for 2024-2025. Of course the birds to the NE were projected # 1. I’m sure Arkansas will be #2.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Immediately following last nights championship game, there was already a CBS projection for 2024-2025. Of course the birds to the NE were projected # 1. I’m sure Arkansas will be #2.
              #2 seems a little low for a team with no players left on its roster.

Comment

My safe zone after an off prediction is 18 or less. Maybe a 19-21 and No higher is we get a solid group of recruits beginning April 17th. Let's keep it sort of state/ bordering states with recruits, fans, that are familiar with the players listed below.

I. McBride. Yes, the money must be close because KU and K St. Also tap money from here

L. Jones with Barton Juco

Cam. M. Wyoming

C. Barnes or anybody anywhere that can really help as a combo C. PF

I'm okay with Rogers or even Kenny P. Coming back if they are the best we can get

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

18 wins seems high

Comment

Or less helps that concern.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

My expectation is for 25 wins. My prediction is less.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Didn't really want to start a separate thread for this. But Taylor looking for questions from fans if anyone has any. Other than recruiting questions lol.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          Didn't really want to start a separate thread for this. But Taylor looking for questions from fans if anyone has any. Other than recruiting questions lol.

Unfortunately for him, that's the majority of the questions haha.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Unfortunately for him, that's the majority of the questions haha.
                            Lol very true

Comment

What HS and Juco guys are you interested in?

Comment

Working...
                              X