Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the local talk of sports fans booing at the wrong time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the local talk of sports fans booing at the wrong time..

I remember Marshall losing his cool in a post game press conference towards a select group of fans for booing at the wrong time a few years ago after WSU beat Evansville in Wichita.. What was that all about again? It had nothing to do with an injury, thank god, and I'm also glad that it did not cause the meltdown that booing at the wrong time is causing in Kansas City right now.

Isn't it cheering at the wrong time? When Matt Cassel went down with an injury and people cheered? Is that what you're talking about?

(FYI, I don't feel people were actually cheering for his injury.)

Comment

I've always felt it was in poor taste to boo the kids, period.

Coaches and refs......whole 'nother story.

I kid because I care. :)

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
        I remember Marshall losing his cool in a post game press conference towards a select group of fans for booing at the wrong time a few years ago after WSU beat Evansville in Wichita.. What was that all about again? It had nothing to do with an injury, thank god, and I'm also glad that it did not cause the meltdown that booing at the wrong time is causing in Kansas City right now.
        IIRC, the crowd was booing especially loud at the refs about a bad call, and the refs warned the Shockers bench because of it. That's when Marshall took the mic and told the crowd to stop booing.

Comment

These refs suck! These refs suck!

Comment

there was a time that the team did not play well or play smart or hustle, and was down at half to some podunk team. Part of the crowd booed lighty as they went to the locker room. Marshall looked up and glared at the crowd. I didn't boo, but had no problem with those who did. Maybe 2 years ago, can't remember.

Comment

I have forgotten about that. If that really did happen, I can understand him being angry.

With the Chiefs thing, I was pretty surprised about it. Obviously, everyone hates Cassel, and maybe it will be good for the team if he is done, but I think the lineman is probably right. You can't ever get to the point that you support an injury to another person. He must have been laying there on the ground ready to just walk out of Kansas City altogether. If Cassel can get motivated to play again at all in that stadium, it would be a testament to his own character and an amazing amount of team support.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I have forgotten about that. If that really did happen, I can understand him being angry.

With the Chiefs thing, I was pretty surprised about it. Obviously, everyone hates Cassel, and maybe it will be good for the team if he is done, but I think the lineman is probably right. You can't ever get to the point that you support an injury to another person. He must have been laying there on the ground ready to just walk out of Kansas City altogether. If Cassel can get motivated to play again at all in that stadium, it would be a testament to his own character and an amazing amount of team support.
                And an incredible amount of $$$

Comment

Oops, I made an error. The situation I was talking about with Marshall getting mad at fans for booing was this: http://videos.kansas.com/vmix_hosted...hall&sort=NULL .. Yes, the chiefs fans (not all 70,000) were cheering when they discovered matt cassel was injured. So with all the local talk of fans cheering and or booing at the wrong time I just thought I would highlight this WSU episode with fans booing at the wrong time. Marshall was mad in this occasion because a select group of fans booed the WSU players because they needed overtime to beat evansville. The booing was out of line though. For those fans who decided to boo the supposed sub-par effort on WSU's part after beating evansville, wasn't this also the same year that UNI beat KU out of the ncaa tournament when ku was the 1# overall seed? Just goes to show, anything is possible in sports, Marshall's anger was certainly not out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I've always felt it was in poor taste to boo the kids, period.

Coaches and refs......whole 'nother story.

I kid because I care. :)
                    When the players are dogging it and playing with their head up their arses and the coaches are doing nothing to help the situation I think a collective boo is in order. Now, personal insults? Never. A good old fashioned booing is fair game in my book.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

EFFORT

Comment

Didn't Marshall also grab the mic during the TCU game? I'm pretty sure that was the game where the a lot of people were chanting "these refs suck," but maybe that one just warranted a warning from Don Hall and Marshall wasn't involved.

Comment

I definitely remember the time when Marshall grabbed the Mic. That was when there were a ton of horrible calls and the fans weren't having any of it. We boo'd so much, they gave us a warning. That's when Marshall grabbed the mic and said something along the lines of "Listen to the refs and quit booing. We can't afford a technical right now. Too close of a game." I really respected him for that.

Comment

My all time favorite was the guy who threw a water bottle towards the court a couple years ago after an awful call and we all watched ES go find him and have security take him out.

Comment

I havent been to as many games as I used to, But I do remember Turgeon grabbing the mic and talking to the student section directly one game.

Comment

Working...
                              X