WSU (5-13, 13-18) VS. RICE (5-13, 11-20) Predictions and, or Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got by that one!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        Only way the AAC will get better is if teams invest in coaches and getting better. Glad to see Rice committed. Hope Mills picks it up next year (ideally after blowing Memphis away lol).

Comment

• Found this comment from Mills to be a little odd:

“We were taking good shots and we were aggressive,” Mills said. “But what I thought catapulted it was Kenny’s job around the rim. When you do that, teams have to squeeze in a little bit more and it opened things up for perimeter shots for other guys.”

KP had a nice game with an offensive rating of 150. Odd he would single out KP and not Ballard as well, who had an offensive rating of 155 and more points and rebounds.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
            Found this comment from Mills to be a little odd:

“We were taking good shots and we were aggressive,” Mills said. “But what I thought catapulted it was Kenny’s job around the rim. When you do that, teams have to squeeze in a little bit more and it opened things up for perimeter shots for other guys.”

KP had a nice game with an offensive rating of 150. Odd he would single out KP and not Ballard as well, who had an offensive rating of 155 and more points and rebounds.

I think its because QB isn't a back-to-the-basket threat. KP somewhat is, or can be depending on the game, so defenses have to guard differently. Our spacing is better when KP is in the game.

Comment

Maybe it’s because Ballard does well generally anyways? Could be signaling him out to provide public re-encourgement

Comment

I think that's a fair quote. The game picked up after 2-3 really solid moves to the basket by Kenny in the first half.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Only way the AAC will get better is if teams invest in coaches and getting better. Glad to see Rice committed. Hope Mills picks it up next year (ideally after blowing Memphis away lol).
                  I just don't see it with Rice. Admissions are too stringent.

Comment

• I've pointed out several times that spacing / passing is much better when KP is in. Although I am not a big believer in the +/- stat it had to be greatly in favor of KP yesterday. Hope he can be a positive today against much better interior defense. I'd also still be giving him at least one three attempt again to see if we get something else ignited. Opens up the lanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      I've pointed out several times that spacing / passing is much better when KP is in. Although I am not a big believer in the +/- stat it had to be greatly in favor of KP yesterday. Hope he can be a positive today against much better interior defense. I'd also still be giving him at least one three attempt again to see if we get something else ignited. Opens up the lanes.
                      He is 0 for his last 9 attempts, and hasn't tried one in the past 8 games. No thanks.

Comment

• I understand which is why I would limit him to one

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          I understand which is why I would limit him to one
                          I understand your goal .. but limiting someone to one attempt is only going to build that pressure on them even more. He either has a green or red light from the arc. You really can't go in between.

Comment

Working...
                          X