Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of the NCAA Tournament Will You Watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD DB sucked.
    That is all.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      PS It's a fraternity.
      Unless you’re a Sig Ep

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Watching MSU play crooked Bruce and his Auburn Tigers.
        Wow, did former AD DB leave a turd on the WSU floor as he left by passing on CJ for HC?
        That dude can coach and is a winner wherever he goes. He can recruit dudes too, just check out some of the athletes on MSU!

That is all.
        You won't find me arguing that CJ wouldn't have been 5x the coach of any guy we've had or considered since, nor defending much about ADDB.

But I think it's incredibly tone-deaf to think that the environment that forced the ouster of Marshall was in any way conducive to hiring CJ. It just wasn't a possibility in the climate of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

You won't find me arguing that CJ wouldn't have been 5x the coach of any guy we've had or considered since, nor defending much about ADDB.

But I think it's incredibly tone-deaf to think that the environment that forced the ouster of Marshall was in any way conducive to hiring CJ. It just wasn't a possibility in the climate of the time.
          You may be connected WSU Administration, but you aren’t connected to Wichita donors. The big donors weren’t at all for firing Marshall.

Comment

Considering the free streaming option only lasts 10 minutes, I won't be watching much this year. I've been streaming for free the past 20 years or so and it appears that's no longer an option.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

My hours watching now are increasing and my brackets are busting like the stale nachos Rosewood described here on SN many moons ago.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

So far bits ,pieces and endings of potential and real upsets especially Ky going down..........and Auburn

Comment

See the story about Yale’s band didn’t/couldn’t make it to Spokane for the game, so Univ of Idaho’s band learned their fight song, and took their place?

On the surface, I thought what a cool story.

Then I thought, there has to be more to this story. How in the world does Yale not send their band to an NCAA tournament game? They could easily afford to charter their own plane. Heck, they could easily afford to send a private jet for each member of the band.

I have to be missing something.

Comment

There are two teams I usually wouldn't watch under any circumstances and it all stems from the coaches at those programs. Auburn & Michigan State. I did watch the last 2-3 minutes of the Auburn game because it was.....

The following teams in the NCAA Tourney and NIT are completely boorish to me (at this time, although a few are historically boorish) and for some reason and I just don't care to watch (maybe because our odds of playing them OOC are so remote???). It's inexplicable I guess..............but some are blatantly-obviously related to coaching and personnel: Auburn. Michigan State. Illinois. North Carolina. Alabama. Clemson. Arizona. Texas A&M. Florida. TCU. South Carolina. Oregon. Seton Hall. Virginia Tech. West Virginia. Georgia. Wake Forest. St. Johns (although I used to watch Chris Mullins when he played there). Providence. LSU. Georgia. Xavier. Butler. Minnesota. I would have so much free time if the Tournament was made up primarily of those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      See the story about Yale’s band didn’t/couldn’t make it to Spokane for the game, so Univ of Idaho’s band learned their fight song, and took their place?

On the surface, I thought what a cool story.

Then I thought, there has to be more to this story. How in the world does Yale not send their band to an NCAA tournament game? They could easily afford to charter their own plane. Heck, they could easily afford to send a private jet for each member of the band.

I have to be missing something.
                      Affording it and caring enough to DO it. 2 different things. Yale isn't all that concerned with athletics when it comes down to it. So I am sure they DEFINITELY aren't that concerned with the band.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

With 32 teams left it looks to be shaping up to be an almost entirely P5 only Sweet-16. Ugghh. Right now there are only 6-7 non-P5's left. Seems like less opportunitiy than in past years. Right now there is only 1 guaranteed Sweet-16 spot left for a non-P5....the winner of the SDSU vs Yale game.

Hard to count Gonzaga a non- P5. I'd expect them to win today BUT you never know with the CBS whistles. Go Zags!!!

...and Oakland!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                        X