Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Never negotiate with terrorists. It sets a bad precedent.

Had they went with something like $50k per scholarship across the board, then little would have have changed in the college landscape. Student athletes would enjoy a LOT higher standard of living, and the Cheats could go back to what they do best - run from the FBI. But naw... that would be too smart. Let's just crank the knob up to unlimited.

So I'm cool with WSU closing down the athletic program. I have wonderful memories of excellence. Those memories would likely never be exceeded in my lifetime regardless. I don't like the coach. I don't even like today's ****ed up kids. Let's start an alumni basketball club and just stand around the perimeter like Creighton. We can do that until we're 90. Only one concession stand will be open, and it will all be for us.

Don't donate to NIL. Don't reward the bad actors. Hold steady in your principles. This is just plain wrong.
    Bye
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I was thinking about this at lunch. Sure, Wichita has its plusses, but damn, we're so behind the times in almost everything imaginable. It took new downtown arenas and developments in Tulsa, Omaha, De Moines, Oklahoma City and others before it was even considered here. We're great at waiting on someone else to do something, then once they've done it big, we're always playing catch-up with the Joneses... and more often in a scaled back way. I guess the new downtown baseball stadium was at least visionary and long overdue, but it took an act of congress (that term should be changed, because congress sucks). How long has it taken Wichita to do something about Century II? I know they just spent $5mm on the roof, but do they have a plan? It's a landmark and I'm in the "keep it" and repurpose it group; to me, it's a Wichita icon.

Wichita State related; thank God for Bardo and Muma who had/has the vision for the Innovation Campus and the Downtown Medical Community. Athletics is the window to the university, and it still matters 'nationally' and a 'successful' WSU adds measurable value to Wichita and Kansas. Look what's going on in Lawrence... yeah, they have P-5 money and are in a survival arms race, but at least they're doing something big and visionary.

NIL is no different. Yea, we don't like it. Yes, it sucks for fans, but I'm not one to sit back and let people trample on me because of a defeatist attitude. Things change and we need to adapt to the changes. I'm stepping up and providing as much support as possible (NIL and SASO), because I love and care about the university that changed my life many moons ago. I don't give up easy and believe we can succeed athletically again and compete with the very best.

One of the best posts this forum has seen
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Do you think shockernet could pool enough money to make an NIL calendar?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I was thinking about this at lunch. Sure, Wichita has its plusses, but damn, we're so behind the times in almost everything imaginable. It took new downtown arenas and developments in Tulsa, Omaha, De Moines, Oklahoma City and others before it was even considered here. We're great at waiting on someone else to do something, then once they've done it big, we're always playing catch-up with the Joneses... and more often in a scaled back way. I guess the new downtown baseball stadium was at least visionary and long overdue, but it took an act of congress (that term should be changed, because congress sucks). How long has it taken Wichita to do something about Century II? I know they just spent $5mm on the roof, but do they have a plan? It's a landmark and I'm in the "keep it" and repurpose it group; to me, it's a Wichita icon.

Wichita State related; thank God for Bardo and Muma who had/has the vision for the Innovation Campus and the Downtown Medical Community. Athletics is the window to the university, and it still matters 'nationally' and a 'successful' WSU adds measurable value to Wichita and Kansas. Look what's going on in Lawrence... yeah, they have P-5 money and are in a survival arms race, but at least they're doing something big and visionary.

NIL is no different. Yea, we don't like it. Yes, it sucks for fans, but I'm not one to sit back and let people trample on me because of a defeatist attitude. Things change and we need to adapt to the changes. I'm stepping up and providing as much support as possible (NIL and SASO), because I love and care about the university that changed my life many moons ago. I don't give up easy and believe we can succeed athletically again and compete with the very best.

Go Shocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            BTW, how many know that Gregg is Marshall's middle name. His first name is Michael. They should have just fired Gregg and replaced him with his twin brother, Michael.
            Isn't he a rapper?

Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Hopefully this is the case!

Comment

• 1826 as of 8 pm this evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  1826 as of 8 pm this evening.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    1826 as of 8 pm this evening.
                    And some quick googling shows about 5500 players total in men’s D1. So almost 1/3 of the division is in the portal. Jeebus.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

And some quick googling shows about 5500 players total in men’s D1. So almost 1/3 of the division is in the portal. Jeebus.
                      Only 4563 scholarships available though.

Comment

• Interesting comment that we might have our guys. I wonder who the back up big might be. I’m crossing my fingers we managed to snag the right PG too

Comment

• It's just one giant free agency every offseason now.

Comment

• Hopefully that means McBride is coming. I don't he has visited anyone else since visiting here
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              Hopefully that means McBride is coming. I don't he has visited anyone else since visiting here
                              Yeah had a similar thought.

I also was thinking and had some flashbacks to "Roster could be full really quickly if things fall into place" statement we heard a few times last spring this time... when that definitely did not end up happening.

Hoping this "early May" thing is not a repeat of that.

Comment

• Going to drop an off topic quick post in this active thread. Just got back from an estate sale in the Moorings housing edition in NW Wichita. It is 1/2 North of 53rd and Meridian in NW Wichita. This estaste sale had a ton of Shocker merchandise. I saw 10 signed team basketballs, framed Jerseys, lots of framed autograph stuff, Shocker clothes (L and XL sizes) etc. This is not my sale and I am not trying to make $ here, but I live in that neighborbood and the estate sale opened at 7AM today. It is a high end house and has a TON of stuff inside. Like 2-3 houses of stuff somehow packed into that house. Anyways, anbody wanting to build a man cave for fairly cheap with Shocker stuff should check it out.
                                Last edited by Speak2me; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X