Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge pickup for Temple and HC Adam Fisher. Mashburn averaged 18.2, 19.1, and 14.1 points over the last three seasons at New Mexico.

Comment

• I've asked this question before but no one responded. What's to keep an individual donor with big money to donate if and only if his donation goes towards a specific player he personally likes and wants him to play here?

Comment

• Has anyone hit up Taylor E. lately? He does awesome work when given the green light.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          I've asked this question before but no one responded. What's to keep an individual donor with big money to donate if and only if his donation goes towards a specific player he personally likes and wants him to play here?
          Probably some NCAA rules that prevent that ... so in other words .. absolutely nothing stopping that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Huge pickup for Temple and HC Adam Fisher. Mashburn averaged 18.2, 19.1, and 14.1 points over the last three seasons at New Mexico.
            We need Temple to get back to being relevant. So this is good.

Comment

I've asked this question before but no one responded. What's to keep an individual donor with big money to donate if and only if his donation goes towards a specific player he personally likes and wants him to play here?
              Do you follow college football?

Nothing keeps a donor from doing this. You don't donate through the collective, you donate to the player directly. Players can ink their own deals with specific donors. My favorite was Lamborghini of Austin doing an NIL deal with Bijan Robinson.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Temple was 2-0 against us last Season. Those losses were quite irritating. Jamal looks to be a keeper for them.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Some of this is already happening. Not anything that I know of Shocker related but I have read that some schools have donors putting up money that expect to be able to "sign off" on the guys that the HC eventually pursues to make sure they have their fingerprint on the roster due to their donations.

Comment

• I was visiting with a big donor (6 figure+) a couple of weeks ago and this came up. This person wanted to donate to a single person and may not have been told "no" but was steered towards not doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I was visiting with a big donor (6 figure+) a couple of weeks ago and this came up. This person wanted to donate to a single person and may not have been told "no" but was steered towards not doing that.
                      I'll bet the farm other programs are doing this

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I was visiting with a big donor (6 figure+) a couple of weeks ago and this came up. This person wanted to donate to a single person and may not have been told "no" but was steered towards not doing that.
                        We always seem to take an overly conservative position on all things NIL-portal related.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I'll bet the farm other programs are doing this
                          Is there any doubt? They're smart enough to get around it '"legally."

Comment

Such a booster would not even have to work with the collective. He can make a deal directly with the player for the use of his NI&L. Of course, none of these NIL deals really have much to do with a kids NI&L. They are simply being paid to play a sport for a particular school. In other words this is professional sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Has anyone hit up Taylor E. lately? He does awesome work when given the green light.
                              Not lately, but he said in the past that they like to fly under the radar and not advertise their movements. Just feels like he’s been muzzled and it’s incredibly disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                                It used to be that schools couldn't name the kids they were recruiting until they signed an loi. I believe that was to keep booster from passing bags of money to the recruits. So if that rule is still in effect, I don't understand why now days.
                                As far as I know that rule is still in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X