Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Dawes is interesting. He has good size as a 3/4 and can stretch the floor. He's only played 1 year (I think) and is from Houston, where Mills has connections. I don't see him being coveted by big time schools at this point.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2024/...ah-basketball/
    When I saw Dawes in the portal I kind of figured he'd be the kind of guy HCPM would target. A year removed from being a 4* and was Rice's highest ever rated recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Some recent or (I think) previously unmentioned AAC portal entrants:

Justin Edwards - 19 PPG from UNT. Big loss.

Bobby Pettiford - 8 PPG from ECU. That's six for them.

Daniel Ortiz - 7 PPG from UAB.

Kolby King - 10 PPG from Tulane

Mekhi Mason, Alem Huseinovic, Keanu Dawes - 28 combined PPG for Rice. Six portal entrants for them, which is understandable after a coaching change.

Charlotte also has six portal entrants (30 PPG loss from 3 players in their regular rotation), a year after promoting their assistant coach.
      Way too early to make predictions, but based on recent announcements and Andy Kennedy's ability to recruit I have to figure UAB will be pushing for an at-large next season.

ECU needed a roster reset, they sucked. Ezra Ausar hasn't yet entered the portal and he is probably their best player.

Tulane's other top players (Forbes and Cross) graduated so losing King hurts. Sion James and Colin Holloway are the only two impact players slated to return as of now.

Rice and Charlotte are basically full rebuilds at this point. As is UTSA for that matter.

Interesting that Temple hasn't had any movement given their lack of success and betting scandal. Tulsa hasn't seen any notable movement either.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I don't know if he mows his own lawn, but if so, that's going to add another couple hours to his already full schedule.
        It takes me all day to mow my estate...

image.png​​​
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• And not a single portal entrant for FAU yet, which I find highly surprising. They bucked the trend last year to keep that team together. Maybe they are just committed to staying together, or really enjoy being so close to the beach!

Comment

And not a single portal entrant for FAU yet, which I find highly surprising. They bucked the trend last year to keep that team together. Maybe they are just committed to staying together, or really enjoy being so close to the beach!
            They just hired a new coach yesterday, so you will probably start to see them now if they are planning on leaving after they meet with the new coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They just hired a new coach yesterday, so you will probably start to see them now if they are planning on leaving after they meet with the new coach
              Probably so. I was just expecting at least one or two to enter right after May was hired at Michigan.

Comment

And not a single portal entrant for FAU yet, which I find highly surprising. They bucked the trend last year to keep that team together. Maybe they are just committed to staying together, or really enjoy being so close to the beach!
                Or they're at least willing to meet with the new coach and see what the vision is should they stick together.

FAU could still be pretty damn good next year if everyone stays. They had some consistency issues this season, but were still quite dangerous.

Plus, I think most of the group has one more year before they graduate, so they may feel better about their chances if they stick together. I hope they do stay. They have some good talent that I've enjoyed watching.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

6:45 am is the highlight of my day...
                  Wait, what? You people get out of bed before 7:30 am?

I'm still dreaming until the alarm goes off at 7:30.

Comment

• Another visualization I have of this board:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yeah, THAT'S it. They just want to keep the team together. Uh huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Yeah, THAT'S it. They just want to keep the team together. Uh huh.

Good motivation for those morning conditioning runs.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          Another visualization I have of this board:

Absolutely perfect!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Probably so. I was just expecting at least one or two to enter right after May was hired at Michigan.
                            I'd probably take a minute to think if I wanted to move from Boca Raton to Ann Arbor too...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                              Another visualization I have of this board:

great movie. Funny memes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

great movie. Funny memes.

Madonna with meatballs...

Comment

Working...
                                X