Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Why in the heck you would pine for a Missouri Valley Conference back-to-the-basket style player when you finally have a dominant center that plays above the rim with a 70%+ finishing capability is beyond me.

Ballard was 5th in the nation in 2 point field goal percentage!!

Ballard doesn't have to -- and shouldn't -- put the ball on the ground. He _shouldn't_ be playing with his back to the basket. He is WAY better than that.

He should receive lob pass after lob pass after lob pass after lob pass.

If a guard is throwing anything but lobs to QB other than for an occasional give-and-go, they are wasting one of the most effective scoring weapons in the entire NCAA Division 1 league.

We are beyond blessed to have Ballard back.
    Cold looks at Quincy's guns and immediately creams his drawers...

image.png
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
      I am curious as to where Pohto will end up. Maybe another American team (not Memphis), Mountain West, A-10, low level power-whatever. Any higher than that and maybe even in those leagues, I feel both parties will be quite disappointed. Opinions?
      Whoever does Pohto's mixtape for his next spot probably needs to be Lucasfilm if he's got any hope of making his skills look good enough to land a spot on a decent team.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

If a guard is throwing anything but lobs to QB other than for an occasional give-and-go, they are wasting one of the most effective scoring weapons in the entire NCAA Division 1 league.

If only Bell could've seen it that way. That dude left an easy 8-10 points off the board every game by not lobbing it up. I hope he can see that advantage next year and start utilizing it. Easy buckets...
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Kenny seems to be a fine young man. I think he needs to find a better spot that fits his game better to give his career a fresh finish. Hopefully, he can find that spot and make it work.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Why in the heck you would pine for a Missouri Valley Conference back-to-the-basket style player when you finally have a dominant center that plays above the rim with a 70%+ finishing capability is beyond me.

Ballard was 5th in the nation in 2 point field goal percentage!!

Ballard doesn't have to -- and shouldn't -- put the ball on the ground. He _shouldn't_ be playing with his back to the basket. He is WAY better than that.

This x100000!!

Spend some time watching Mills ORU teams. There is no place for (consistent) back to the basket play in this offense (or basketball in general imo) anymore. Even Obanor operated from the perimeter or caught in the high post and immediately faced up.

Pohto will be GREAT in the MVC. That's not what we're trying to do here, and this level of hoops has moved passed it.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Oh, blow it out your insufferable a**. WSU just lost the greatest 3 pt. shooter they've ever had, who really stepped up big in March, and nothing on deck to replace that production.
              He was the "greatest" 3 point shooter WSU ever had because he was the only one. When FVV and Baker were here the scoring was balanced because EVERYBODY could score. Shamet and Reaves were both better shooters, but they played on teams that distributed the ball to everybody on the floor. Rogers was a one trick pony because WSU's offense was a one trick pony.

I wouldn't consider 41% from 3 ands 39% from 2 to be WSU's "greatest" shooter. He was a sniper, He was effective from 3, but I'd refer to him as "one of the better", instead of "the greatest".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I would also like to point out that Quincy Ballard's wing span allows him to touch Kingman County and Butler County at the same time.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I’m going to come out right and say this. The way Pohto was playing at the end, with the defensive liability he became, I’m glad he’s gone. It’d be better to get a center who can actually stretch the floor a bit, not a back to the basket. Mills offense obviously doesn’t operate that way.

I’ll also say this. I’m a little surprised that so many are thinking our two incoming freshmen will potentially be impact players? I’m really struggling to remember they last time we had a freshman be worth much for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

He was the "greatest" 3 point shooter WSU ever had because he was the only one. When FVV and Baker were here the scoring was balanced because EVERYBODY could score. Shamet and Reaves were both better shooters, but they played on teams that distributed the ball to everybody on the floor. Rogers was a one trick pony because WSU's offense was a one trick pony.

I wouldn't consider 41% from 3 ands 39% from 2 to be WSU's "greatest" shooter. He was a sniper, He was effective from 3, but I'd refer to him as "one of the better", instead of "the greatest".
                    I might add Frankamp to that group as well.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                        I’m going to come out right and say this. The way Pohto was playing at the end, with the defensive liability he became, I’m glad he’s gone. It’d be better to get a center who can actually stretch the floor a bit, not a back to the basket. Mills offense obviously doesn’t operate that way.

I’ll also say this. I’m a little surprised that so many are thinking our two incoming freshmen will potentially be impact players? I’m really struggling to remember they last time we had a freshman be worth much for us.
                        Rob Barker.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                          I’m going to come out right and say this. The way Pohto was playing at the end, with the defensive liability he became, I’m glad he’s gone. It’d be better to get a center who can actually stretch the floor a bit, not a back to the basket. Mills offense obviously doesn’t operate that way.

forevershockerfan had the scout, and his word is good as gold. If FSF says an incoming freshman will be a contributor, then there's a high chance that freshman will be a contributor. Even though FSF has never made one thin dime coaching.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Agree that we are blessed to have Q back, however, he is NOT the offensive dynamo King makes him out to be. To his credit, and I love it about him, he knows his strength and plays to it well. The loss of KP is a loss of offense around the basket AND the floor in general as he was involved in the flow, passing, etc..........he is also a big loss in making up for the 15-20 minutes Q can't play whether it be fouls or fatigue. I will be pleasantly shocked if PM can sign a back up with his skills. As for defense, KP was not flashy but played where he needed to be even better than Q who often strayed to far away from the rim leaving the paint unguarded. Rebounds were about the same. If all of you thought Q was so much better you have to be wondering why PM seemed to have more confidence in KP in close games at the end??? I liked Q better but KP was not far behind and will be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              Agree that we are blessed to have Q back, however, he is NOT the offensive dynamo King makes him out to be. To his credit, and I love it about him, he knows his strength and plays to it well. The loss of KP is a loss of offense around the basket AND the floor in general as he was involved in the flow, passing, etc..........he is also a big loss in making up for the 15-20 minutes Q can't play whether it be fouls or fatigue. I will be pleasantly shocked if PM can sign a back up with his skills. As for defense, KP was not flashy but played where he needed to be even better than Q who often strayed to far away from the rim leaving the paint unguarded. Rebounds were about the same. If all of you thought Q was so much better you have to be wondering why PM seemed to have more confidence in KP in close games at the end??? I liked Q better but KP was not far behind and will be missed.
                              I guess we all just have to accept that we see what we want to see. Yes, including you.

KP wasn't horrible. Yes he has more offensive skills than QB. But a LOT weaker on defense if only because people would challenge him more than Q.

I still think he can be replaced with a decent backup center.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I will disagree somewhat with the idea that back-to-the-basket post skills don't have a place. Getting the ball into a post player with skills forces the defense to either let him work one-on-one or collapse, which opens up shooters and cutting lanes. I am damn sure hoping coach Acy works overtime with Q to further develop those skills (and his baby hook shot), especially with players like Beverly and DeGray on the floor who excel at cutting to the basket.

Comment

Working...
                                X