No announcement yet.

Men's Basketball Team Votes to Unionize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those in the Academies are in it for reasons other than making a quick buck.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We all new this was going to happen when a ''private organization ' would not be able to set their own rules & standards for membership...

Nick Saban reveals late factors in retirement from Alabama, wonders if process there 'doesn't work anymore'

CBS News
      By Will Backus, Writer
      03/06/24

"...I thought we could have a hell of a team next year, and then maybe 70 or 80 percent of the players you talk to, all they want to know is two things: What assurances do I have that I'm going to play because they're thinking about transferring, and how much are you going to pay me?" Saban recounted. "Our program here was always built on how much value can we create for your future and your personal development, academic success in graduating and developing an NFL career on the field. So I'm saying to myself, 'Maybe this doesn't work anymore, that the goals and aspirations are just different and that it's all about how much money can I make as a college player?' I'm not saying that's bad. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying that's never been what we were all about, and it's not why we had success through the years."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How can they be banned from taking NIL?
        They are not banned. Essentially it is like an ambassador type of thing where they only get discounts and such for appearances. No cash.

Comment

Working...
        X