No announcement yet.

TEMPLE (9-17, 2-11) at WSU (11-16, 3-11) GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, if we're missing point blank bunnies, maybe we need our tallest most athletic player in the game to grab the board, or at least be more of a focus of the opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Also, if we're missing point blank bunnies, maybe we need our tallest most athletic player in the game to grab the board, or at least be more of a focus of the opponent.
      I mean, but Ballard has only made [checks notecard] 71.4% of his shots this season.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Would anybody here argue that we played Ron Baker too much his senior year, since we had Shamet and Frankamp available on the sidelines?

Of course not. 3GM was giving massive minutes to Baker because Baker could produce massively.

QB's box plus/minus for the game was 13.6. Pohto's 4.4.

We have been giving and continue to give more minutes to a guy who resulted in 9 points per 100 possessions less than the better alternative. That's a 10% drop off in scoring margin for absolutely no reason at all. A pure coach's decision.

This game at this level is won on the margins and if you don't fire the most effective weapons you have until they run out of ammo, you aren't going to win all the battles you could and should be winning.

That doesn't mean Pohto sucks, it just means QB was out freaking standing.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Maybe our guys have been watching NBA clips like this for inspiration.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Would anybody here argue that we played Ron Baker too much his senior year, since we had Shamet and Frankamp available on the sidelines?

Of course not. 3GM was giving massive minutes to Baker because Baker could produce massively.

QB's box plus/minus for the game was 13.6. Pohto's 4.4.

We have been giving and continue to give more minutes to a guy who resulted in 9 points per 100 possessions less than the better alternative. That's a 10% drop off in scoring margin for absolutely no reason at all. A pure coach's decision.

This game at this level is won on the margins and if you don't fire the most effective weapons you have until they run out of ammo, you aren't going to win all the battles you could and should be winning.

That doesn't mean Pohto sucks, it just means QB was out freaking standing.
            Kung Wu angling for the 17th stat guy position on the team

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Also, if we're missing point blank bunnies, maybe we need our tallest most athletic player in the game to grab the board, or at least be more of a focus of the opponent.
              Sounds like bad coaching

Comment

• So, QB was shocked that he was being pulled at the 5:50 mark of the second half with the score 53-47 Shocks. There was a TV timeout and WSU had just scored on 4 STRAIGHT opportunities since QB reentered at the 8:46 mark and the score tied at 45.

From my seats 4 rows up from the corner of the floor by the Shocker bench I've observed the coming and going and inter-reactions of the WSU bench. All season QB has shown little emotion when called on to enter and exit the floor. I shared his dismay that KP was being subbed in his place. KP had just went to the table to check-in and came over to tap QB on the shoulder to let him know he was out. QB grabbed his number on his jersey and pointed to the coaches to ask, 'I'm out?' You could see the disappointment on his face as he was slack jawed as if to say WTF!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Are we hosting our own Air Capital Classic MTE and inviting Detroit Mercy, Mississippi Valley State, IUPUI, Coppin St, Lindenwood, Houston Christian, and Stonehill.
                  It’s a good location. I think we’ve been there twice.

Can’t find any info online of who else might be in it.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

It’s a good location. I think we’ve been there twice.

Can’t find any info online of who else might be in it.

Cancun?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                      So, QB was shocked that he was being pulled at the 5:50 mark of the second half with the score 53-47 Shocks. There was a TV timeout and WSU had just scored on 4 STRAIGHT opportunities since QB reentered at the 8:46 mark and the score tied at 45.

From my seats 4 rows up from the corner of the floor by the Shocker bench I've observed the coming and going and inter-reactions of the WSU bench. All season QB has shown little emotion when called on to enter and exit the floor. I shared his dismay that KP was being subbed in his place. KP had just went to the table to check-in and came over to tap QB on the shoulder to let him know he was out. QB grabbed his number on his jersey and pointed to the coaches to ask, 'I'm out?' You could see the disappointment on his face as he was slack jawed as if to say WTF!
                      I saw it as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X