No announcement yet.

TEMPLE (9-17, 2-11) at WSU (11-16, 3-11) GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks. Plain. Got. Out. Toughed. On. E.S.P.N.

Temple had a put back layup in OT by a 6'7" forward who got the rebound over 3 guards manning the post? Huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post

They need to realize not everything is sunshine and rainbows. As the old saying goes, if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen. If these kids not only get a free education and we have to pay them to play here then they need to feel the pressure.

Wichita State deserves better than 11-17 and 3-12 in the conference. They just missed 9 free throws and turned the ball over 10 times. I can’t be happy about that or worry about their precious little feelings.
      And gave up 22 offensive rebounds, which is totally unacceptable

Comment

• We were out hustled and out worked on the boards. QB almost never plays more than a six minute stretch. Could be a stamina issue and worsens as the game progresses but together he and KP give us a solid duo at center. Keep them and XB. The only meaningful game or games left are in Fort Worth. If QB can handle the minutes get him and KP in together again and play zone. I am so tired of our centers getting sucked out away from the basket. Stay home !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
          KP was also 3-11. It makes no sense as to why he’s getting the playing time over Ballard.
          Was that from the floor or the free throw line? And not to beat an extremely dead horse going back years, but does the team practice free throws? And inquiring minds want to know if they practice layups and bunnies. I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That’d be a great coach’s show question. Or is that pushing things too much?
            Like the dinosaur character says in Toy Story....I don't like confrontation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, we want QB.
              Yes. He was very impressive sitting on the bench. Unbelievable.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Just got home from the game and haven’t gone through this thread but can anyone tell me why in the hell HCPM just can’t wait to pull out QB in place of KP??? There’s got to be a reason. Have no idea how many bunnies KP missed today? All of them??? And how many free throws did he miss? And did we have more defensive rebounds than they had offensive? Didn’t seem like it.

ugh! I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Comment

• Pohto - 24 min. 3-11 FG, 5-10 FT, 11 pts 9 boards, 2 assist 1 steal
                  Ballard - 19 min, 5-7 FG, 0 FT, 10 pts, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 block

Comment

• Beverly lead us with 4 turnovers tonight and for the Season with 74. He leads us with 36 steals and 84 assist this Season. On 3s he is .188 % so no thanks on that. Rogers was off tonight making only 2-14 from the field. Our 2 best rebounders are DR (played 10 minutes and had 6 rb.) And QB 5 rb in 19 minutes. Maybe DR'S D is lacking? DeGray had 4 rbs in 35 minutes which was 6 more minutes played than DR and QB combined.

Ar Philly, Temple made around 6 more trays than WSU. Tonight they made 10 more throws. WSU plays so much better in the first half and the leads we have is rarely enough to last. Temple really worked hard for lots of 2nd and 3rd chance offensive rebounds.

It appears to me there are 5 new coaches in the AAC. WSU is 0-5 against the other 4 teams with new coaches.
                    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 25, 2024, 07:37 PM.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

and a coach who is a nice fellow
                      What was that quote Leo Durocher had to say about nice guys? They're on pace...

Comment

• If Pohto is still on this roster next year, then HCPM isn't doing his job. He needs to find him another home.
                        Pohto needs to go up I-35 to Emporia where his effort will match the level of play.
                        He was absolutely horrible in this game today. Actually, worse than horrible.
                        Worse than against Charlotte?
                        Yup.

He actually should probably transfer to the womens team, because his lack of toughness matches their level.

I am a HCPM supporter, but today...he just didn't coach his team, make the proper adjustments or player moves.
                        To give him a 'D' on coaching today would be generous.

Today, they were an embarrassment to this program.
                        Thank Gawd the season will be over the Wednesday in March.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• If I was Ballard, I would have checked myself in.

Comment

• No way. Just no way a team can choke out of a lead like that without boneheaded or absentee coaching.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Pohto - 24 min. 3-11 FG, 5-10 FT, 11 pts 9 boards, 2 assist 1 steal
                              Ballard - 19 min, 5-7 FG, 0 FT, 10 pts, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 block
                              The stats don’t show, however, how many times the ball hits KP in the hands and then goes haywire.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                                If I was Ballard, I would have checked myself in.
                                Checked myself in to the hot dog line and open up recruitment.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X