No announcement yet.

2023-24 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first five games of the NCAA women's regional in Portland, the three-point line on one end of the court was nine inches too short.

The NCAA said this was an isolated incident. It examined courts used in recent men’s and women’s games and found that they were accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      For the first five games of the NCAA women's regional in Portland, the three-point line on one end of the court was nine inches too short.

https://theathletic.com/5383805/2024...ns-basketball/
      isn't that what women always say?

Comment

Another entrant that I haven't seen posted . . .

St. Bonaventure's AD pre-declined an NIT invite, but didn't inform players or fans until they were included in the ESPN graphic showing the 17 schools who declined. He soon resigned and the university president recorded an apology video.

“Considering the logistics of what would have been an NIT road game, we made the proactive decision Sunday afternoon to inform the NIT selection committee of our concerns regarding roster uncertainty given injury and the transfer portal that would have left us at a competitive disadvantage,” Manhertz said in a statement last Wednesday, adding that no formal invitation had been extended prior to St. Bonaventure informing the NIT committee of its decision.

Manhertz later confirmed to The Bona Venture, the university’s student-run newspaper, that the decision was made in conjunction with men’s coach Mark Schmidt and other athletic advisors following exit meetings with the players, but that it wasn’t communicated to the players until after the ESPN graphic aired on Tuesday evening. The Bonnies lost to Duquesne in the A-10 tournament semifinals on Saturday, March 16. Four players have since entered the transfer portal.​

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Another entrant that I haven't seen posted . . .

St. Bonaventure's AD pre-declined an NIT invite, but didn't inform players or fans until they were included in the ESPN graphic showing the 17 schools who declined. He soon resigned and the university president recorded an apology video.

It would suck to be a senior knowing you have a shot to extend your college career by playing in a post season tournament and your school declines it.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It would suck to be a senior knowing you have a shot to extend your college career by playing in a post season tournament and your school declines it.
            That’s the exact vibe I got from Memphis players reaction when Penny said they weren’t playing in the NIT. They quickly shot him a look like WTF???

And I won’t be convinced that it wasn’t solely his decision. It absolutely had to be. The man is a chickenshit front runner.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

That’s the exact vibe I got from Memphis players reaction when Penny said they weren’t playing in the NIT. They quickly shot him a look like WTF???

And I won’t be convinced that it wasn’t solely his decision. It absolutely had to be. The man is a chickenshit front runner.
              No, he's just too damn good for the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No, he's just too damn good for the NIT.
                Yeah....but his teams arent.......

Bad dum tiss.....
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah....but his teams arent.......

Bad dum tiss.....
                  In fairness he did claim that he was trying to care for his mother during the season, and needed to put more focus on that. And I find that understandable and noble. But on the other hand why couldn't he hand the team to his assistants for the NIT. I'd bet he would have accepted an invite to the dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How bout this. How bout you pre-decline your bid before the season starts just so we know where you stand? Do these dudes need to jump ship so quickly that they don't have time for a really cool post-season tournament? I know it's not the dance. But at least you are playing on national TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

How bout this. How bout you pre-decline your bid before the season starts just so we know where you stand? Do these dudes need to jump ship so quickly that they don't have time for a really cool post-season tournament? I know it's not the dance. But at least you are playing on national TV.
                      Players wanna play.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

This is why moving the NIT out of NYC is a bad thing. Okay, you don’t get to play the NCAA Tournament. But if you win three games in the NIT, you get to go to New York. I would think most anyone could wrap their head around that and get excited about that. Indianapolis though? Eh. Players still wanna play, but it loses some luster.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

This is why moving the NIT out of NYC is a bad thing. Okay, you don’t get to play the NCAA Tournament. But if you win three games in the NIT, you get to go to New York. I would think most anyone could wrap their head around that and get excited about that. Indianapolis though? Eh. Players still wanna play, but it loses some luster.
                          True, that New York NIT trip was awesome. Unfortunately, New York is returning to Gangs of New York status… visiting there has lost some of its luster. I’ve traveled there numerous times over the years and it was always my favorite destination, but not anymore. Of course I’m as old as Methuselah, so that might be a factor.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If i was to say, "Vice President Kamala Harris is as dumb as a rock!", would that be disrespectable to the rock?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

If i was to say, "Vice President Kamala Harris is as dumb as a rock!", would that be disrespectable to the rock?
                              Women weren't allowed to have brackets? How in the world did they conduct their tournaments?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                                What IS true is that women were allowed to have only WOMEN in their brackets until around 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                X