Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023-24 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

I should have started this thread sooner,
    Time to rollout candidates of our annual “Cone of Shame” award for this season, and the nominees are…

Cheese and Crackers, when will the insanity stop?

Comment

Comment

How does the announcer say "that's just good basketball" to that might be a flagrant foul?

That was an easy call without going to the monitors.

Is #30 always dirty or did he just get the itch to be a scumbag at that moment? I haven't watched a single Texas game.

As to the fans, I understand being pissed at a dirty play, but it was called immediately. The ref even showed that it was more than a common foul right off the bat. What the hell more do you want? What does throwing **** on the court accomplish? I'd get it if the refs didn't call anything or only called a common foul. Throwing things still wouldn't accomplish anything but I'd get it.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Just a common shoulder charge, really.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Nice down field block! Maybe trying to catch the attention of Sark to get some of that football NIL as well.

Comment

All Coaches that address a rowdy crowd will be judged against Billy Tubbs.

And they will all continue to take a back seat to Billy.

Grant could have gone with something like:

"No matter how big an ass Cunningham is, you can't throw things onto the floor. Stick 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

"No matter how big an ass Cunningham is, you can't throw things onto the floor. Stick 'em."
                I must admit, I was waiting for something like that.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Billy Tubbs vs Sam Wyche

Discuss.

78-65

Comment

Long Beach State AD says he fired Dan Monson to inspire team
                    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...n-inspire-team

SALT LAKE CITY -- Long Beach State's athletic director said the timing of his decision to fire coach Dan Monson was done with the hope it might trigger the exact run that led the team on its unexpected trip to the NCAA tournament. "My belief and hope is that by doing what I did and the timing of it, they would play inspired, and that's what they did," Bobby Smitheran told The Associated Press on Thursday, a few hours before the Beach lost 85-65 to Arizona in the first round. "I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but it worked."...

W H A T
                    A
                    L O S E R ! ! !

Comment

Long Beach State AD says he fired Dan Monson to inspire team
                      https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...n-inspire-team

SALT LAKE CITY -- Long Beach State's athletic director said the timing of his decision to fire coach Dan Monson was done with the hope it might trigger the exact run that led the team on its unexpected trip to the NCAA tournament. "My belief and hope is that by doing what I did and the timing of it, they would play inspired, and that's what they did," Bobby Smitheran told The Associated Press on Thursday, a few hours before the Beach lost 85-65 to Arizona in the first round. "I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but it worked."...

W H A T
                      A
                      L O S E R ! ! !
                      Fire the guy and then take credit for the wins lol. What an asshat. Good luck finding someone wanting to work for you!!
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Former Syracuse basketball player arrested, accused of being 'drug mule' for rapper Diddy

Yahoo News
                        By Callie Lawson-Freeman
                        Updated Wed, March 27, 2024 at 8:55 AM CDT

But isn't drug dealing/supplying an extension of Student/Athlete NIL Rights? Like...can they really restrict this???

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Fire the guy and then take credit for the wins lol. What an asshat. Good luck finding someone wanting to work for you!!
                          He won't have to find someone to work for him...he was fired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Are you sure about that? He seems like he is still on the job now. That is, if you are referencing the AD.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

LBSU has already hired SDSU assistant coach Chris Acker.

You might be mixing this up with the Fresno State AD who fired Justin Hutson earlier this month and then was fired recently while they still have an open coaching position.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X