So I know this sounds crazy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Last paragraph.But I was trying to be optimistic.
    Certainly different variables but your point is well taken! Being kind of an "anti" UT guy, I certainly have been paying attention and agree, things for Sark were more than a little dicey the first 18 months or so (for right or wrong) and yet I suspect today there are few (if any) fans that aren't exceedingly happy with your coach.

I think most of "us" here are of the mindset that yes, success that looks like competing for conference championships and being ranked is something that will take time to build. And we're ok with that.

And also, things don't have to be this bad if "we" know what we're doing.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I noticed you didn't mention the NIL funding for UT that likely exceeds the annual GDP for any number of small third world nations.
      Other than that small detail, his analogy is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Other than that small detail, his analogy is perfect.
        With all that money and other resources, they still sucked year 1 and underperformed year 2

Comment

Negative Nancy huh? Actually, no. He isn't taking any nil until he gets to play. His valuation is in the millions though. He did do some kind of player card or something to the benefits of dell children's hospital.
          It's just a completely horrible comparison. While you may love both the Shockers and horns they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

On a personal note, if I don't have any connection then I gravitate towards underdogs. UT is far from that profile. Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

It's just a completely horrible comparison. While you may love both the Shockers and horns they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

On a personal note, if I don't have any connection then I gravitate towards underdogs. UT is far from that profile. Not my cup of tea.
            Opposite sides of the spectrum?? There are 32 conferences in D1 basketball. The AAC in in the top 10 of those conferences.

Also, since WSU hasn't had football for eons and KU and K St are in state rivals for basketball, what's so odd? We came from a conference that did not have D1 football. Do you really follow non-power conference football? Also, until this last shuffle of teams and conferences, the AAC had become part of those "Power" conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Totally understand that. That's why winning teams always have so many haters. I'm OK with it, just wish WSU was hated equally.

Comment

Totally understand that. That's why winning teams always have so many haters. I'm OK with it, just wish WSU was hated equally.
                With the unlimited resources at their disposal they're generally thought of as the most underachieving program.

A better comparison would be the Dallas cowboys

Comment

I like Texas the school a ton, and the Austin area as well ('cept for the politics). For education Texas was #2 or #3 on my list but I chose WSU instead. Not a fan of their sports programs particularly, but definitely not a hater either.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                  X