So I know this sounds crazy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I know this sounds crazy.....

...this team could conceivably 18-9, with smarter play at end of games...NOW....the Shocks could easily be 6-21....but there ARE moments where I could what they MIGHT have been a team that could be pretty good....

I'm just bored and thinking out loud...

so...fool's gold?

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      ...this team could conceivably 18-9, with smarter play at end of games...NOW....the Shocks could easily be 6-21....but there ARE moments where I could what they MIGHT have been a team that could be pretty good....

so...fool's gold?
      Sure, we could be winning if we weren't so dumb.

Comment

I would think 18-9 would've been a possibility. If only...

- Bell learned how to pass.
        - Beverly didn't have the absolute worst 3 point form in the D-1 biz and made some here and there.
        - Reginald didn't have a bad back.
        - Cortez took the game more seriously.
        - and Pohto didn't remind me of a Toyota Prius.

FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

If we weren't bad .. we could be good!

Comment

We are dumb because fatigue and muscle failure affect you mentally.

Comment

If Jaykwon Walton wasn't such a headcase and stuck around to be our starting 3 instead of Beverly.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

so...fool's gold?
                18-9 is outside standard deviation. BUT, certainly this team's record could and should be better. Just beat SDSU, @Temple, ECU & @TU and I don't think there's nearly the angst. We'd be 15-12, 6-8 with a legit chance to be .500 in conference and out of the Wednesday game and potentially out of the Thursday game too. Very few people would be really mad.

And all four of those are games we should have won, regardless of the variables.

Now that I dig deeper...18-9 may be inside standard deviation. The above (should have happened) plus @Missouri (hardly a stretch), @ECU (again, hardly a stretch) and hold on vs Memphis where we led for 39 minutes?

Comment

When you lose those games, looking at it from the outside, you'd say it's coaching.

Comment

As soon that we lost. Abmas, I wondered if that would define HCPM first Season in a negative way. Then we didn't sign a bona-fide starting QB/ PG even though we were recruiting some. Even then, I thought we would do better than this.

The top loaded AAC schedule got us in a losing mode, losing all 4 games against FAU and Memphis. Compound that with multiple 3 point shots fired up by many Shockers in most games, but a very poor amount of makes.

Our strength seemed to be in the inside. However, our foes usually could easily prevent that and invite us with open arms to jack up as many wide open 3s as our heart desired. We seemed to settle for that bait, and the rest is history.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I don't mean to PO you folks who hate my longhorn football team. But I can't resist pointing out the parallels to Shocker hoops.

Great coach appears to be losing his magic touch.

Hire new coach and team gets worse.

Hire another coach and team gets a little better, but not to standard.

Hire another coach and endure 1st loosing season in over a decade. Coaches 1st season at school.

2nd season, get back on winning path but loose several games by squandering 1st half leads, some big.

3rd season, made the playoffs.

My point is, building a foundation is important and takes time. Longhorn fans had Sark on the hot seat after year 1 as we didn't see anything resembling improvement.
                      But thing started to turn in year 2, when fans began saying, well they are getting better, but the team just doesn't know how to close.

We will see if HCPM is building that foundation in the next year or two. But right now it appears as if the hole is still being dug.

It does give me hope for the shockers future, but I also realize the path is tougher with lack of funds.My candle is still flickering and hope those flickers can grow to a full flame in the next year or two.

PS- sorry about the longhorn references.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                        I don't mean to PO you folks who hate my longhorn football team. But I can't resist pointing out the parallels to Shocker hoops.

Great coach appears to be losing his magic touch.

Hire new coach and team gets worse.

Hire another coach and team gets a little better, but not to standard.

Hire another coach and endure 1st loosing season in over a decade. Coaches 1st season at school.

2nd season, get back on winning path but loose several games by squandering 1st half leads, some big.

3rd season, made the playoffs.

My point is, building a foundation is important and takes time. Longhorn fans had Sark on the hot seat after year 1 as we didn't see anything resembling improvement.
                        But thing started to turn in year 2, when fans began saying, well they are getting better, but the team just doesn't know how to close.

We will see if HCPM is building that foundation in the next year or two. But right now it appears as if the hole is still being dug.

It does give me hope for the shockers future, but I also realize the path is tougher with lack of funds.My candle is still flickering and hope those flickers can grow to a full flame in the next year or two.

PS- sorry about the longhorn references.
                        I noticed you didn't mention the NIL funding for UT that likely exceeds the annual GDP for any number of small third world nations.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I noticed you didn't mention the NIL funding for UT that likely exceeds the annual GDP for any number of small third world nations.
                          Last paragraph.But I was trying to be optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Don't they have some backup QB who's being paid millions not to play? Yeah we have so much in common.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Don't they have some backup QB who's being paid millions not to play? Yeah we have so much in common.
                              Negative Nancy huh? Actually, no. He isn't taking any nil until he gets to play. His valuation is in the millions though. He did do some kind of player card or something to the benefits of dell children's hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X