2013 Sears ESPN Bracketbuster Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    Long story short, I don't think it'd be tough for us to grab home and homes with average, non-BCS teams. We elect not to.
    Perhaps that's true. All I have to go by is what has shown up on our schedules in the recent past when left up to our own devices. If that is simply due to our personal choices than that is disappointing.

Nor can I say how finances fit into our scheduling decisions, although I'm confident finances are a factor. One thing that is an indisputable fact is that the Shocker Men's basketball program carries the great bulk of the responsibility for financing the Shocker athletic programs. If the only way we can do that is by buying in 2 or 3 such teams a year than that is probably what we are stuck with. Not saying that is the only we can balance the budget, but that seems to be mode we are currently in.

I would think most fans would give up a couple of home games a year if we could upgrade the schedule overall with some quality home and home games even if there were no changes in season ticket prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      "rented gym".
      rented gym? what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
        rented gym? what?
        NM

I saw the quote you were speaking of on the Detroit fan board. Ignorance displays itself at every chance given.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
          NM

I saw the quote you were speaking of on the Detroit fan board. Ignorance displays itself at every chance given.
          I mean, we are talking about Detroit though.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
            I don't really buy the whole "these are better games than we could have gotten on our own" argument. These games are home-and-home series. Does anyone think we couldn't have scheduled a home and home with Austin Peay, Appalachian State, Northern Arizona, Cleveland State, Detroit, Davidson, George Mason or VCU if we'd really wanted to? VCU is the only name on that list that strikes me as a coup for scheduling purposes.

We turn down plenty of offers for home and homes with perennial top 100 teams, including Oral Roberts every single offseason.
            The BB wins in CKA by VCU and George Mason help put them off the bubble and into the tourney and "on the map" as they both ended up in the Final Four. They say bad things come in threes. Let's hope we don't provide the same opportunity to Detroit. Our team had better come in ready to leave no doubt and deliver a convincing win.

I'm a superstitious fan to a degree, and us talking anything but respect for the opponent is bad voodoo...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I'm pretty excited about this match up. If we can beat Detroit maybe that will get us into one of the play-in games.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                I'm pretty excited about this match up. If we can beat Detroit maybe that will get us into one of the play-in games.
                Generally teams that are in the play-in games are teams that have won their conference tournament. That is probably not going to happen.

Comment

• ISUb's opponent Iona now has an RPI of 128.

Detroit is no peach, but god should Sycamore fans be furious.

Comment

• Just in case you (or the Shocks) are overlooking Detroit, two of their players did a number on Cleveland St winning 92-62.

Minnerath 34 points and 12 rebounds, McCallum 16 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists, and 4 steals. Those are pretty good lines, I don't care who you're playin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Just in case you (or the Shocks) are overlooking Detroit, two of their players did a number on Cleveland St winning 92-62.

Minnerath 34 points and 12 rebounds, McCallum 16 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists, and 4 steals. Those are pretty good lines, I don't care who you're playin'.
                      You or the Shocks?

Did you forget to sign in under your UD fan sign in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        You or the Shocks?

Did you forget to sign in under your UD fan sign in?
                        Didn't think that looked right. :indecisiveness: Since I wasn't overly impressed with our BB matchup, how about "Just in case any of us (or the Shocks) are overlooking Detroit......". :stupid:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Just in case you (or the Shocks) are overlooking Detroit, two of their players did a number on Cleveland St winning 92-62.

Minnerath looked like a good Valley 4 who is stuck playing the 5. I expect he'll be a mismatch on both ends of the court. Orupke isn't comfortable guarding out to the 3 point line but Minnerath doesn't have the size to guard our posts without help. Also Cleveland St. is terrible and has never been taught to box out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                            Minnerath looked like a good Valley 4 who is stuck playing the 5. I expect he'll be a mismatch on both ends of the court. Orupke isn't comfortable guarding out to the 3 point line but Minnerath doesn't have the size to guard our posts without help. Also Cleveland St. is terrible and has never been taught to box out.
                            Exactly. Excellent analysis.

Comment

• Detroit plays at 5:00 Central on ESPN2 for those that like to look ahead one week.

Comment

• Detroit comes screaming back to beat Valpo 84-74. We will need to bring our "A" everything. Game, attitude, and physicality!

Comment

Working...
                                X