No announcement yet.

HCPM dilemma #1: PG - Bell vs Cortes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC has the mind of a PG but not the skills for D1, XB is a far superior athlete but doesn’t have PG skills or brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

What it comes down to is ... If either of these players is our starting point guard next year we are in for another rough year
      I surely hope PM can recruit over XB but believe XB has much more value as a back up plus he is a local kid which I personally like. If BC is here and even sees the court next year I think it would be a wasted scholarship and not reflect well on our ability to recruit. I am just not a BC stock buyer. Our record next year will improve by at least 5-7 wins if we keep our five best simply because of an easier conference schedule. Add a very solid PG and we could reach 20+ and maybe NIT

Comment

Pretty nice game for Cortes last night. Bad game from X.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          BC has the mind of a PG but not the skills for D1, XB is a far superior athlete but doesn’t have PG skills or brain.

Give this guy a call. He's a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

What it comes down to is ... If either of these players is our starting point guard next year we are in for another rough year
            Same if anybody even thinks it will be Joy. He demonstrated in one possession last night that he's not suited for that role. I still don't know where anybody got the idea that he was a PG. I think that was his position in Africa, but that doesn't necessarily relate to being a PG in D1 ball.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Same if anybody even thinks it will be Joy. He demonstrated in one possession last night that he's not suited for that role. I still don't know where anybody got the idea that he was a PG. I think that was his position in Africa, but that doesn't necessarily relate to being a PG in D1 ball.
              It's had more to do with the fact that we don't have a PG that is any good so he might as well get a shot so he's on the court. He needs court time to improve and get comfortable with the flow of everything. I've viewed him as more of a SG type that would hopefully be able to run some PG as needed down the road. Him sitting and wasting away on the bench while the team continued to suck hasn't done him any good. Hasn't done the team any good. And hasn't done next years team any good.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

In my 2 min observation of Joy, he looks closer to a 3 than a 1. Built like a linebacker.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Agreed, I think he has POTENTIAL to be a nice piece .. just not a PG

Comment

Working...
                  X