Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Hawkings In Iowa

http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...wkins-in-iowa/\

Hat tip to Sullentrop for story. Sounds like Hawkins is planning still to come to WSU.

Sounds like he is a complete player. Next year's team may be pretty good. :yahoo:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
      Sounds like he is a complete player. Next year's team may be pretty good. :yahoo:
      May want to wait until he is actually on campus and wearing a Shocker uni before you celebrate too much. We need to get out and support Teddy when he is at Sunrise and perhaps also in Ark City later this year.

Comment

Is there a link to their schedule somewhere. Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
          Is there a link to their schedule somewhere. Thanks in advance!!!

I said Ark City in an earlier post. It is actually Coffeyville where they will be playing in late November. They will be at Sunrise in Wichita in early December.

Comment

I think Royce White was a good at Iowa State, wasn't he? Like, really good? NBA first round draft pick good?

That's high praise for Teddy Hawkins coming from that coach right there.

Comment

Comparisons to Royce White are great, but I don't think Teddy has the frame to support 260 pounds.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Yeah, but I think he was referring to skill-set.

He was saying that Hawkins is capable of getting good points, rebounds and assists numbers.

Sadly, I only watched Royce play one, maybe two times.

'Love to see Hawkins make it to Wichita State, alongside Van Vleet, Early etc

Comment

If Teddy's already at 220, that's not bad at all. If he can put on 10 pounds before next year, he should be ready to be physical as a true freshman.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    http://www.quakerdaleathletics.com/t...all&p=schedule

I said Ark City in an earlier post. It is actually Coffeyville where they will be playing in late November. They will be at Sunrise in Wichita in early December.
                    Ark City is the same as Coffeyville to me. Its easy to confuse them.

Comment

Sunrise might just have their best team ever this year, Thus, count me in at that game because from jump street, I have believed that Mr. Hawkins will be a special player. What a game that should be.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Older article, but good info; wingspan, shooting and the "stretch 4" position.

Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                          Ark City is the same as Coffeyville to me. Its easy to confuse them.
                          When I posted Ark City in my earlier post I was think the were playing at Cowley County CC. Coffeyville is another 90 miles east of Ark City. Still, I might be able to take in the game on Saturday, December 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            Comparisons to Royce White are great, but I don't think Teddy has the frame to support 260 pounds.
                            White, as a HS senior was listed at 6-7, 205...Teddy was listed as 6-7, 200. He's now an inch taller and 20 pounds heavier. I imagine he will be plenty big by the time he's an upperclassmen.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              When I posted Ark City in my earlier post I was think the were playing at Cowley County CC. Coffeyville is another 90 miles east of Ark City. Still, I might be able to take in the game on Saturday, December 1st.
                              I know the difference. I've lived in Coffeyville and work in Ark City sometimes. They are both very similar though. They aren't great towns in my book.

Comment

Working...
                              X