Fan Board Evolution of Coaching Criticisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

And you believed him? 50% of the stuff is just made up on shockernet, the other 90% is just lies.
    Did I say I did? If you look at the context of that string of posts I think it's clear I was sceptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This post is the 1% left that is true.
      You guys are at the top of your games today.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        ShockerExpress in late November
        Who always goes crickets when his 20-win predictions don’t pan out.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As much as it sucks, unless some major big wigs start chipping in, our NIL will always just be mediocre in the CBB landscape.

In this new era, players are on one year contracts. If we find another diamond in the rough, they are most likely moving on to get paid the next season. Just how it's going to be moving forward. It's critical that coaches understand this and take full advantage of the talent while it's here.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            As much as it sucks, unless some major big wigs start chipping in, our NIL will always just be mediocre in the CBB landscape.

In this new era, players are on one year contracts. If we find another diamond in the rough, they are most likely moving on to get paid the next season. Just how it's going to be moving forward. It's critical that coaches understand this and take full advantage of the talent while it's here.
            winning big will bring in more fan support, which is when the checkbooks of the masses open up. The common fan has zero interest in paying random guys to come here. FVV, Ron, Fred, Cle, etc would have raked in money to stay, not to come here.

Comment

I think Big Dawg is right. And I think it would take someone like him (or other popular former players) to take charge and get it going. Fans snd other donors would get on board with him and other former players. I think businesses would as well.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

winning big will bring in more fan support, which is when the checkbooks of the masses open up. The common fan has zero interest in paying random guys to come here. FVV, Ron, Fred, Cle, etc would have raked in money to stay, not to come here.
                Therein lies the catch-22.

"I'm not putting in my dollars until the team is winning" vs. "The team will struggle until we have the dollars to get the players we need."

So if we need to win before people open up their wallets for donations of the level needed, we might be in big trouble.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Therein lies the catch-22.

"I'm not putting in my dollars until the team is winning" vs. "The team will struggle until we have the dollars to get the players we need."

So if we need to win before people open up their wallets for donations of the level needed, we might be in big trouble.
                  Everybody is putting the cart before the horse with NIL talk. The first thing this program is got to have is fans willing to pay and come to the game. Athletic department is going to struggle unless SASO and attendance $ are up to where they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    I think Big Dawg is right. And I think it would take someone like him (or other popular former players) to take charge and get it going. Fans snd other donors would get on board with him and other former players. I think businesses would as well.

Talk is cheap. No one is leading. Ron Baker and/or Evan Wessell would be perfect. Until someone of influence steps up we'll remain stuck in the mud.

Comment

To be fair, I think the AD and Athletic department has made a better concerted effort to get attendance up. Problem is, winning still trumps everything else in getting butts in seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        To be fair, I think the AD and Athletic department has made a better concerted effort to get attendance up. Problem is, winning still trumps everything else in getting butts in seats.
                        Not just winning, but the play on the court goes a long way too. We can lose and still have good attendance if there's something on the court worth believing in. That's the big problem right now, is very few believe what they're seeing is leading to anything positive.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Every school with a good NIL has at least one major booster with massive funding. We don't have that. I had a meeting with a WSU rep last year and they told me we don't have 1 billionaire on the donor roster. I take it to mean Charles Koch is not a regular donor. We need someone to put $20 mill in the NIL coffer, and that might help open other checkbooks. Easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Every school with a good NIL has at least one major booster with massive funding. We don't have that. I had a meeting with a WSU rep last year and they told me we don't have 1 billionaire on the donor roster. I take it to mean Charles Koch is not a regular donor. We need someone to put $20 mill in the NIL coffer, and that might help open other checkbooks. Easier said than done.
                            The beakers and farmers up the road have a lot more alumni who are willing to pony up $$$ it would seem. I agree it would help if we had some notable lead donors as mentioned above to help get things going.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

KU has David Booth, massive athletics donor.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

The beakers and farmers up the road have a lot more alumni who are willing to pony up $$$ it would seem. I agree it would help if we had some notable lead donors as mentioned above to help get things going.

Doesn't even have to be a donor to lead the charge. Could be done by a notable and capable former player. So far our NIL campaign is faceless and mysterious.

Comment

Working...
                                X