Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I guess you've never run a business. There are always priorities, You can't meet with two teams in different cities, meet individually with players, interview candidates and recruits and arrange for relocation of your family all at precisely 1:00 PM on March 14.
    Multitasking is the ability to intermingle tasks to achieve goals. Not do them all at once. That's why hiring staff is important. But family always comes first.

​​​​
    Interesting assumption. Yiou can make recruiting calls and calls to potential staff on your drive to Wichita. You don’t wait till one thing is complete before you start the next task. You are the one that sounds like an accountant. And yes, you can send emails to one person while talking on the phone to another. When you have a lot to do, you multitask.
    Last edited by Dan; March 28, 2024, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Maybe it's as simple as Mills underestimated the level of player he would need to compete in the AAC. I mean Marshall mentioned how it was eye opening his first year in the Valley how much different athlete he needed to compete versus the Big South. Marshall said he would have to adjust and he did.

Let's see what Mills does for year 2.
      How long was he at Baylor?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

How long was he at Baylor?
        What does that matter. AAC is not Big XII....

Probably much easier to sell a recruit on Baylor also.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

You are the celebrated king of the minions my friend.
          When do I get my crown? I hear kings with crowns get their pick of women.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Interesting assumption. Yiou can make recruiting calls and calls to potential staff on your drive to Wichita. You don’t wait till one thing is complete before you start the next task. You are the one that sounds like an accountant. And yes, you can send emails to one person while talking on the phone to another. When you have a lot to do, you multitask.

I'll make one last attempt to help you understand what I mean. True that some tasks can be done simultaneously, but most require another task to be completed prior. Like building a house, you need to complete the foundation before building the walls.
            This year, we had to cobble everything, foundation, electricity, plumbing and walls. The foundation of a team is the staff and so far I think they did good in the development department. Will judge them after next season as to recruiting and game management.
            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; March 28, 2024, 11:18 PM.

Comment

What does that matter. AAC is not Big XII....

Probably much easier to sell a recruit on Baylor also.
              Well, he had years of experience with the top tier conference in Baylor (top 6 of 32). He had years of experience at a low major with ORU (bottom third of 32). He signed up with WSU in a near major conference at the minimum with WSU (top 7-10). WSU should be, and needs to be, much closer in talent to Baylor than an ORU. And yes, he knows it. I'm sure is at least a little familiar with WSU accomplishments BEFORE moving up and joining the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

When do I get my crown? I hear kings with crowns get their pick of women.
                Just for you I will throw in some virgins.

Comment

Well, he had years of experience with the top tier conference in Baylor (top 6 of 32). He had years of experience at a low major with ORU (bottom third of 32). He signed up with WSU in a near major conference at the minimum with WSU (top 7-10). WSU should be, and needs to be, much closer in talent to Baylor than an ORU. And yes, he knows it. I'm sure is at least a little familiar with WSU accomplishments BEFORE moving up and joining the AAC.
                  SO YOU'RE A HATER??????????

Comment

Maybe it's as simple as Mills underestimated the level of player he would need to compete in the AAC. I mean Marshall mentioned how it was eye opening his first year in the Valley how much different athlete he needed to compete versus the Big South. Marshall said he would have to adjust and he did.

Let's see what Mills does for year 2.
                    He actually said that exact thing on his last postgame interview.

Comment

Perhaps he drank some of the ORU coolaid. A lot of ORU people truly believe the ORU program is equal to ours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Perhaps he drank some of the ORU coolaid. A lot of ORU people truly believe the ORU program is equal to ours.
                        Yeah basically what I was getting at. Maybe he just didn't realize how much of a step up from The Summit it truly is. I mean sure....it seems obvious. But I don't pretend to know what he thought it was going to be like. He might have thought it was going to be easier than it is, especially without Houston....etc. Thought he could do it with identical players he tried to get at ORU.

Now we will have to wait and see if he learned his lesson like Marshall did.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Call me dumb, but I think we will see a different Mills next season. He seems smart enough to make some changes.

Comment

• I like Mills. Wasn’t my top choice actually wanted the younger Sampson kid from Houston
                            I want him to succeed but lack of recent success at WSU, NIL problems, and fan support was terrible at the games this year makes WSU a tougher sell

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                              I like Mills. Wasn’t my top choice actually wanted the younger Sampson kid from Houston
                              I want him to succeed but lack of recent success at WSU, NIL problems, and fan support was terrible at the games this year makes WSU a tougher sell
                              I'll agree with that statement. But I'll add that the administration bears a fair amount of the blame for those things with their actions these last 5 years (or so). fHCGM was an engaging personality and could pull in fans. HCPM hasn't been as, well, "talkative." ?? Not sure what the word is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I'll agree with that statement. But I'll add that the administration bears a fair amount of the blame for those things with their actions these last 5 years (or so). fHCGM was an engaging personality and could pull in fans. HCPM hasn't been as, well, "talkative." ?? Not sure what the word is.
                                Engaging?
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X