Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deb Farris: WSU To Look into Bringing Football Back in Next 3-4 Years

Didn't know where else to post this.

So Deb Farris who works with Kake.com tweeted the following after hearing WSU President Bardo speak about the future of the university:

"WSU Pres. says will look into bringing back fball in the next 3-4 years"

Do you believe this? I don't. False hope. For the record though "look into bringing" could mean anything.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

I think that meant that in the next 3 - 4 year time period, he will examine the possibility of bringing back football....not that they are reviewing right now the ability to have football in 3-4 years.

It's not going to happen anyway, so why bother? We need close to $100 million to make it happen. Anyone got that kind of muscle?

Comment

I could chip in $100 bones.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I think that meant that in the next 3 - 4 year time period, he will examine the possibility of bringing back football....not that they are reviewing right now the ability to have football in 3-4 years.

It's not going to happen anyway, so why bother? We need close to $100 million to make it happen. Anyone got that kind of muscle?
        I can always count on you for logic.

What is the name of the lawyer, who has promoted the return of Shocker football for so long? Maybe he can give us some optimistic numbers, which are required for D-1 football. Take his number and double it and plan on D-II ball....at best.

Yes, I am a pessimist.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I could chip in $100 bones.
          Unfortunately, old @WstateU: will be a ‘bag of bones' before football ever returns to WSU. Oh, I’m a proponent of bringing back football, however @WuDrWu:’s $100MM estimate is likely ‘spot on’. Someone like @Kung Wu: and his buddies Tom & Chuck will have to ‘chip’ in the big ones. Time to do it!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            I can always count on you for logic.

What is the name of the lawyer, who has promoted the return of Shocker football for so long? Maybe he can give us some optimistic numbers, which are required for D-1 football. Take his number and double it and plan on D-II ball....at best.

Yes, I am a pessimist.

Fred Marrs?

Yuuuup, attorney Fred Marrs...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Unfortunately, old @WstateU: will be a ‘bag of bones' before football ever returns to WSU. Oh, I’m a proponent of bringing back football, however @WuDrWu:’s $100MM estimate is likely ‘spot on’. Someone like @Kung Wu: and his buddies Tom & Chuck will have to ‘chip’ in the big ones. Time to do it!

Yeah if those two will cough up $49,999,950 each, I'll go in as a third partner and put it over the top!

Comment

I don't know what the final say will be, but the only time I've ever heard the 100 million said is by those who have been very against it. Even other schools that have brought it back or started it up haven't needed that kind of jack.

With the right plan and leadership the big money people will be in. And if Bardo gets enrollment moving like he wants that also helps. I'm just glad he plans on being open about the process
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah if those two will cough up $49,999,950 each, I'll go in as a third partner and put it over the top!
                  Come visit the Kung Wu Family Restroom at beautiful Koch/Devlin Stadium. Go Shocks!

Ewwwwwwww! What's that smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    With the right plan and leadership the big money people will be in.
                    An assumption stated as a fact based on an opinion. Now if some of the actual big money people step up and make that same statement I might start getting a little bit hopeful. I'm not hearing those things however, although I work for that crowd, I'm not part of that crowd.

Also as @RoyalShock: has consistently pointed out we probably don't do this without the students contributing via an activity fee.

Right now I see President Bardo more or less making very general, noncommital statements of pacification.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Come visit the Kung Wu Family Restroom at beautiful Koch/Devlin Stadium. Go Shocks!

Ewwwwwwww! What's that smell.
                      I'm guessing $100 doesn't even get me my own named toilet paper holder.

Comment

I'm guessing $100 doesn't even get me my own named toilet paper holder.
                        Ha! Maybe not. With my luck they would stencil my name at the bottom of the toilet bowl so guys would have a target to hit.

Comment

If the students approve a fairly potent tuition increase to cover the scholarships (which I believe they voted for in the past), it can be done for well under 100M. The training facilities expansion as well as multi-sport recruiting possibilities would only help the basketball program. If Wichita State played in the MVC, they would be expected to dominate. NO WAY would NIU have the resources we would. And with our b-ball program on the definite rise (nationally). We would be in good position to pull in some solid football talent. And it's not like Wichita is Cedar Rapids for _ _ _'s sake. We have lots of solid football players in the Wichita Metro Area High Schools. I bet we could get at least 40-50% of our roster from Kansas. That is a big incentive in and of itself for the university.

Bring her back!

T

...:cool:

Comment

For this president to publicly say so quickly that we would even look into football is fairly huge IMHO. Perhaps the previous administration (as great as they may be) really were puppets for the Great Satan up north.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I agree cold. Why say anything when he doesn't have to even go there. Bringing it up at all has to mean a least a little bit. It may not be very significant but it beats the heck out of a cold shoulder

Comment

Working...
                              X