No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (8-3) vs. KANSAS STATE (8-3) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not gonna be a Pohto hater here, but he’s missed a lotta bunnies lately. Until he figures out how to actually get the easy buckets, nobody’s gonna feed him.

I think the biggest surprise for me is how hard Ridgnal’s fallen off. He was dynamite earlier in the season, especially from 3 range.

It’s foolish, I know, but I have the tiniest seed of hope that we can somehow do something against KU. Maybe the homer in me, but dammit i hope all that “learning” the players and Mills likes to reference just appears in this game.

Comment

• Well said. Bottom line, yes, there are many variables. I probably overstepped by implying the two new players "could" remember I said "could", have a negative impact on chemistry. I think it did last game but it takes time to figure out the right number and blending of active players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If I actually do have any or all of those attributes that you have assigned me, I would owe a lot of it to your mentoring & example. There have been many times in my life when I asked myself, what would molly jabali do in this situation.

Thank you for making my Holiday!
        Cover your eyes kids. It's getting a little mushy in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Cover your eyes kids. It's getting a little mushy in here.
          It’s almost as bad as Fever and Cold discussing Covid.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
            I’m not gonna be a Pohto hater here, but he’s missed a lotta bunnies lately. Until he figures out how to actually get the easy buckets, nobody’s gonna feed him.
            I think the issue a little bit different. Yes, he has to make bunnies, BUT, until the team can stretch the floor defenses will continue to collapse 4 on the center. Also, Pohto has to get the ball in better position. It will come as the team continues to learn the system.

It’s not all Pohto. He’ll be fine.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              I think the issue a little bit different. Yes, he has to make bunnies, BUT, until the team can stretch the floor defenses will continue to collapse 4 on the center. Also, Pohto has to get the ball in better position. It will come as the team continues to learn the system.

It’s not all Pohto. He’ll be fine.
              100%. We’ve got a massive issue stretching the floor again because of our lack of 3 ball (very tiring to see again.) This might sound strange, but I actually thought our focus the first few games on spacing, shots, cuts, etc were all way better than the last 3-4 games. Feels like we’ve regressed rather than improved, and I’m not certain that’s entirely on the level of competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                Feels like we’ve regressed rather than improved, and I’m not certain that’s entirely on the level of competition.
                It definitely is. There is a huge difference in playing against a KP 150-175 defense vs KP 60 defense. Especially when you are a KP 100-ish team.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Never mind.

Comment

• I think the regression can be partially attributed to getting degray and Cortes back. They are having to learn to play together again.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

No idea how they react…. Great coaches are creative with keeping kids involved….part of Mill’s job… maybe does not have to be huge minutes but some minutes
                      Given some more thought on this question and my response, and a circumstance came to mind from WAAAAAY back in time, in a different galaxy, why I was a young buck coach....we had a game where my starting point guard just didn't have it...we were struggling....I put in a kid we did not use much and this player literally had the game of a career...couldn't miss, got every loose ball, and so I made the call to ride that performance til it fizzled...well, in THAT game it didn't....rarely to be remotely paralleled again....my biggest coaching? convincing my starter that their job was still safe, just relax, another game would come about.....
                      Coaching is tricky stuff.....80,000 people in Arrowhead knew more than Andy on Sunday.....if Mills is good, and I think he is...it will come out in the wash...

Thanks, Doc....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        ...if Mills is good, and I think he is)
                        Your endorsement of Mills is bound to be a motivating thrill for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Thanks! I’ll take that as a compliment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It should be.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X