No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (8-3) vs. KANSAS STATE (8-3) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might as well have played in Manhattan. Really got homered by referees, broadcast and fans. Rarely showed our bench or fans. Got very tired of hearing about how great their players are.

Comment

• We looked really slow out there tonight. Slow. Although as viewers were turning off the game the last few minutes...ESPN+ all the sudden came in crystal clear. Thanks for nuttin ESPN+.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Definitely seemed worse and more biased than most of our road games
        Definitely annoyingly over the top
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 23-29 from the line wins a lot of games

Comment

Reasons this got out of hand

1. Refs were out of control
            2. Our offense does not generate good shots. Too much reliance on one on one
            3. Too many mental lapses on defense
            4. Lack of effort on the boards
            Agree with ALL of that plus some. Going to cut BC some slack because of first game but I don't see him taking over for XB any time soon. Too much individual ball handling while the other four stand around watching. Bench was awful. Have to put some of this on HCPM. KSU not that good........WE were that bad along with the refs

Comment

• Our defense was ok. Rebounding was not good. 3pt shooting and ft shooting sucked. Lots of open shots but couldn't make them.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• At least we haven’t had anyone beat up a gal in a bar this year. Looking for positives.

Comment

• 1st half was an early Christmas gift for KState making 13 of 18 throws. 2nd half they worked the ball with good team work and wide open 3s. Shocks just are not playing smart with often the wrong people shooting 3s and lots of one on 5. Glad we now go 9 deep as we adjust to that.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Definitely seemed worse and more biased than most of our road games
                    Many opposing fans complain about our announcers when they have to watch our feed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      23-29 from the line wins a lot of games
                      Especially when the other team is 5-9
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I really can't say I enjoyed that game. The ft Stat glares in the box score. WSU basketball is improved, but the state of the program is still disappointing. Look at the young NBA talent, that talent was wasted. I'm glad for those who could overcome and establish a career.
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

• Turnovers:
                          KSU: 17
                          WSU: 13

3 PTA
                          KSU: 18
                          WSU: 19

Made FG:
                          KSU: 20
                          WSU: 26
                          ​​​​
                          Points at the FT Line
                          KSU: 23
                          WSU: 5

I know we had plenty we could improve on. But we actually took care of the ball better than KSU, made more shots, and shot an equal number of 3s (since 3s normally draw less fouls). It's FT points that did us in

​​​​​

Comment

• Man...it felt like we were outrebounded by a lot more than we were. And another team we outshot from the field....but lost

That disparity at the FT line......man

Comment

• Good (ignoring fouls):

Bell and Beverly provided nice scoring boost
                              Rogers on what he could do while being targeted
                              Ballard stands out
                              RD3 seemed to do well enough
                              Germany not adding fouls while he was in

Bad:
                              Cortez had me the first few minutes. Doesn’t seem capable of a shot or layup whatsoever.
                              Pohto again… He looks flat out awful
                              Abidde :(
                              Ridgnal, what happened to your instant boost?

Comment

• Well... that was a learning experience....Too many fouls.. too many turnovers.....
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X