WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS

Here's the deal. The Redbirds are a handfull but----the Shocks hang tough at the end as Gal Mekel gets fouled. A Redbird kicks the ball into the stands and knocks off the wig and sunglasses of an Elvis "look alike" emulater. All 3 refs are watching the game ON the court (yipppee) and call the T. As a result the Shocks make it to overtime.

In the overtime, a foul is called on a Redbird, and a Redbird Coach waves to the ref and says in a snooty tooty way-- "good call but you are nothing but a hound-dawg," as he walks the other way. Another technical is assessed for him being insensitive, so the Shocks chirp a win over the Redbirds.

WSU---70
    BIRDS-68
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

We left a lot on the floor last night. I'd love to keep this close and then maybe steal one in Crapendale.

Nevertheless, after the letdown last night, I expect a not too close game.

Too much offensive talent for our toughness to overcome I think.

64-48...If we are lucky.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Illinois State- 100
      WSU- 50

OK, so we won't get blown out by that much, and maybe we'll stay competitive for a while, but I see us losing this one by at least 8-10 points. ISU is so much better than we are, and we are playing on the road.

Comment

They move the 3 point line to 32', they miss every 3 point shot they put up, we shoot the same % that we have been and win the game 50 to 47.

Comment

Shox - 53

Birds - 67
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We will lose...probably pretty badly.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

PJ remembers his 21 points from last game and decides he wants some more and scores 30. Gal hits clutch free throws down the stretch.

Shox- 68
              Redbirds-63

First prediction ever on Shockernet. Has to be a lucky one!!!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
              Shocker Forever!!

Comment

I'm still looking forward to a run in the MVC tourney. At this point, it seems unlikely that WSU will avoid the play-in round. I'm looking for the team to develop mental toughness and self-confidence; the final score will not matter as much as the learning which will hopefully occur.

PJ: Cooz is only good/great when he plays within himself. Trying to make a difference by trying to knock the ball out of an opponents hands in order to get a steal but getting a foul instead is a bad idea; try to steal passes, PJ. I think PJ is getting much better.

Phil: Should he take the open three point shot? He has been playing fairly well.

Gal: Keep following Marshall's orders.

Ramon: Keep fighting.

Mantas: Nice three point basket! We need your outside shooting and your hustle.

Aaron: Listen to Marshall and work hard.

Graham: Try to get open so Gal has someone to pass to and keep hitting your shots.

Ehimen: Show up, already!! :D

Matt: Start coaching now; help the team get better.

J.T.: So much potential; work on your defense!!

Everyone: Grow 3-4 inches!! ;-)
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Shox -32
                  Redbirds 75

Comment

Greetings Shox fans...

Well, time for round 2 of this year's battles between our schools. Last game could've gone either way, and this one is likely to be more of the same. As always, all us Redbird fans are expecting another tough, grinder of a game with the Shockers. That seems to be the norm these days. Not much else to analyze really, it's gonna be a fight as usual :)

I belive you guys are televising this game back in Wichita correct? Not sure what type of crowd to expect, but hopefully it's good. Students are back so that should help some. If any of your fans are making the trip to Normal and want some advice on good restaurants/bars/etc. in the area, feel free to ask here or post on Redbirdfan. Myself, Cooksey, Cpacmel or anyone else would be glad to help. Here's to another hardfought, clean, safe game between our schools!
                    I am a diehard Illinois State Redbird fan first, and an MVC supporter, diplomat, and ambassador of good will second.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                      Greetings Shox fans...

Well, time for round 2 of this year's battles between our schools. Last game could've gone either way, and this one is likely to be more of the same. As always, all us Redbird fans are expecting another tough, grinder of a game with the Shockers. That seems to be the norm these days. Not much else to analyze really, it's gonna be a fight as usual :)

I belive you guys are televising this game back in Wichita correct? Not sure what type of crowd to expect, but hopefully it's good. Students are back so that should help some. If any of your fans are making the trip to Normal and want some advice on good restaurants/bars/etc. in the area, feel free to ask here or post on Redbirdfan. Myself, Cooksey, Cpacmel or anyone else would be glad to help. Here's to another hardfought, clean, safe game between our schools!
                      I'll second this post from Phantom

Anyone making the trip, be safe and stop by the front row of the IlSU student section and say hi to Phantom. He can also show you the best place for a post game beer or 3 :yahoo:

Anyway..........as he said it should be another tough game between our two teams. Coach Marshall's game plan against the Birds in the Roundhouse seems to have been copied by the teams the Birds have played since. He packed the zone in tight and took the Redbird post offense away. I would think we'll see more of the same Wednesday night. This will be another very tough, hard fought game.

:posterwsu:

Comment

Shoxs by 3

What can I day I'm an optimist

:goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: 8) 8) 8) 8)
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Typhoid-dyslexia strikes Normal. Redbirds think their record is 3-13. 500 fans show up.

Shox Win 107-100 on back2back MB 3's and an and-1 (all from his seat on the bench)
                          I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Shocks 69
                            ISU 67

:D (I have to get one right sooner or later !!)

Comment

You know what...what the heck. I mean sure they are undefeated at home, but I'm gonna take back what I said earlier. We are due to "steal" one sooner or later right? Why not now. I forgot that both Matt and Ramon were out the last time we played and still about pulled it out.

WSU - 57
                              Ill. St - 52
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X