X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Rick Lamb
    Originally posted by Phantom
    Greetings Shox fans...

Well, time for round 2 of this year's battles between our schools. Last game could've gone either way, and this one is likely to be more of the same. As always, all us Redbird fans are expecting another tough, grinder of a game with the Shockers. That seems to be the norm these days. Not much else to analyze really, it's gonna be a fight as usual :)

I belive you guys are televising this game back in Wichita correct? Not sure what type of crowd to expect, but hopefully it's good. Students are back so that should help some. If any of your fans are making the trip to Normal and want some advice on good restaurants/bars/etc. in the area, feel free to ask here or post on Redbirdfan. Myself, Cooksey, Cpacmel or anyone else would be glad to help. Here's to another hardfought, clean, safe game between our schools!
    I'll second this post from Phantom

Anyone making the trip, be safe and stop by the front row of the IlSU student section and say hi to Phantom. He can also show you the best place for a post game beer or 3 :yahoo:

Anyway..........as he said it should be another tough game between our two teams. Coach Marshall's game plan against the Birds in the Roundhouse seems to have been copied by the teams the Birds have played since. He packed the zone in tight and took the Redbird post offense away. I would think we'll see more of the same Wednesday night. This will be another very tough, hard fought game.

:posterwsu:

Reason #57 why I won't be too frustrated if we get pounded Wednesday. Coolest fans in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Originally posted by Ghost of Rick Lamb
      Originally posted by Phantom
      Greetings Shox fans...

Well, time for round 2 of this year's battles between our schools. Last game could've gone either way, and this one is likely to be more of the same. As always, all us Redbird fans are expecting another tough, grinder of a game with the Shockers. That seems to be the norm these days. Not much else to analyze really, it's gonna be a fight as usual :)

I belive you guys are televising this game back in Wichita correct? Not sure what type of crowd to expect, but hopefully it's good. Students are back so that should help some. If any of your fans are making the trip to Normal and want some advice on good restaurants/bars/etc. in the area, feel free to ask here or post on Redbirdfan. Myself, Cooksey, Cpacmel or anyone else would be glad to help. Here's to another hardfought, clean, safe game between our schools!
      I'll second this post from Phantom

Anyone making the trip, be safe and stop by the front row of the IlSU student section and say hi to Phantom. He can also show you the best place for a post game beer or 3 :yahoo:

Anyway..........as he said it should be another tough game between our two teams. Coach Marshall's game plan against the Birds in the Roundhouse seems to have been copied by the teams the Birds have played since. He packed the zone in tight and took the Redbird post offense away. I would think we'll see more of the same Wednesday night. This will be another very tough, hard fought game.

:posterwsu:

Reason #57 why I won't be too frustrated if we get pounded Wednesday. Coolest fans in the Valley.
      Agree 10000%. No matter what setting I've been in (internet, St Louis..etc) I have enjoyed many conversations with Illinois St fans. Can't say that about some others....cough...creighton...cough.

If we can't win the Valley, I wouldn't mind seeing Illinois St do it!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
        Shoxs by 3

What can I day I'm an optimist

:goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: 8) 8) 8) 8)
        Redbirds by 23, what can I say I'm a realist.

Comment

I like optimism and all.. but wow... too funny.

If we stay within 20, I'll be a happy Shocker!

Count me in also as one that wouldn't mind seeing Illinois State take the Valley this year.

Classiest fanbase in the business.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I predict that my family will enjoy watching the game. Shocker athletics always is considered a high quality option for entertainment.
            Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

You guys are too kind. Thanks for the props on the Redbird fans. It means a lot.

I feel the same way about you Shock fans. But you guys already know that. That was why I signed onto this board minutes after you guys clinched the Valley reg season crown in '06. I watched the game on TV back here and you guys beat us by about 10 to win it outright. I had to log on here and offer my congrats because you guys are great fans who deserved the props and had waited many years to see your team have a big season. Your patience paid off and I was happy for you guys. I always thought a strong Shocker program was great for the Valley because your fans are amazing. best atmosphere in the Valley bar none.

I will always say the Roundhouse because of you 'lunatics' are the best atmosphere (among many good ones) in the Valley. That's why even though it's a brutal place for the opposition to play, it's a tremendous college basketball atmosphere no matter who you are a fan of. The atmosphere you guys have at the Roundhouse is the envy of ALL Valley fans. I also think it's been a big factor in the national press we've enjoyed the past few seasons. Coast to Coast people know about playing at your fine arena.

Sead Odzic was on Coach Jank's radio show last night and he commented on how awesome he thought the Roundhouse was. He said it was the best atmosphere he's seen and he came from some good ones in the Pac-10. Hopefully in the near future Redbird Arena can become a similar homecourt advantage.

Anyway, I speak for all Bird fans when I say thanks for the compliments. They are appreciated.

:posterwu:

Comment

I think the 'bowl' feel to it helps that atmosphere a lot instead of the 'rectangle' feel so many arenas have where the corners are not 'down front'.

Comment

i rarely predict a loss. actually never...

and today i won't make an exception.

shox 68
                  birds 65

gal needs to be solid.
                  veni, vidi, vici

Comment

I predict another close game. That's all I'm hoping for. A victory would be nice, but this year, I'll take giving the best team in the Valley at the moment a run for it's money. Maybe this time we'll catch a break or two... who knows?

Comment

This game feels important to me for a couple of reasons. I would love to not be playing on Thursday at the tourny, and we are going to need to pick up a few to avoid that; and secondly, I know we are in no way going to be a part of the conference title hunt, but if we could beat a team like ISU on the road, that would give me some hope that even after a .500 regular season, we may have even some glimmer of hope to win in the tournamet. If we get shelled by 25 points, I will pretty much have lost all optimism for anything positive to happen this year.

Comment

Shocks 71
                        Redbirds 68

Comment

I wonder what Porter Mosier coulda done with these guys in place?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                            I wonder what Porter Mosier coulda done with these guys in place?
                            about what he did last year
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

SHOCKERS 61
                              redbirds 59
                              Very nice!

Comment

we lost another man in Bret Michaels and that means almost no rest for Gal or PJ. I hate to say it, but I think its going to be a long night.

Them: more
                                Us: less

:cry:
                                ________
                                Yamaha rd500lc specifications
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Working...
                                X