No announcement yet.

Marshall quotes from Rothstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if anyone other than Armstead starts the season at point it will be DWill, not FVV.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      You always have to mention his D because it is exceptional. I mean there is nobody that guards on-ball like that dude. If you revisit my comments in a previous thread about my take on a practice I watched, I was totally convinced that Armstead would be running the show - at least at the start of the season. FVV didn't even compare to Armstead's poise, strength, and overall leadership on the floor. Armstead looks like he's been the Shocker floor general for 100 years. HCGM didn't even bat an eye in his direction.

T

...:cool:
      And that's what I want to hear!
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        if anyone other than Armstead starts the season at point it will be DWill, not FVV.
        I completely agree with that comment. However, it sounds as though FVV is making an impression and will get PT. Perhaps that's why 3G was quoted as saying Cotton will be on the wing. That frees up some time at the point for our young freshman.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I completely agree with that comment. However, it sounds as though FVV is making an impression and will get PT. Perhaps that's why 3G was quoted as saying Cotton will be on the wing. That frees up some time at the point for our young freshman.
          FVV is just a kid from HS. He is going to have to piss on a few lamp posts around Koch Arena before the residents take notice. This goes back to the debate between true freshman and top-ranked Juco players. An 18yr old kid showing up to play against "The Beast" has a rude awakening in store for him. Of course this reality fails in the face of a player like Xavier McDaniel. But to this day, I don't know if "X" was completely human.. perhaps one of the few remaining Nephilim that roamed the earth.

T

Comment

To be clear, my "translations" are an amalgamation of Coach's words, my (perhaps lame) comedic interpretation and some extra information.

I did not add that much is expected of seniors in the Marshall Plan (read into that what you will) and that 3G enjoys playing possum at various intervals.

Comment

FVV is just a kid from HS. He is going to have to piss on a few lamp posts around Koch Arena before the residents take notice. This goes back to the debate between true freshman and top-ranked Juco players. An 18yr old kid showing up to play against "The Beast" has a rude awakening in store for him. Of course this reality fails in the face of a player like Xavier McDaniel. But to this day, I don't know if "X" was completely human.. perhaps one of the few remaining Nephilim that roamed the earth.

T

T, all of this is dead on, but mark my words, you're going to see FVV on the court, early and often, and it's entirely likely he will more often than not, fail to disappoint.

And I will readily admit that I have previously not been "sold" on FVV's ability to adapt to the D1 game in his freshman season.

I no longer hold on to this poorly constructed theorem.

Comment

T

I get what you're saying and agree mostly. However, 3G is hopefully moving in the direction of recruiting more FR that can come in and contribute. I think we saw that with White and Cotton this year. Both who would have contributed more had we not had the depth that we had in front of them. I'm not looking for a FR to start right now, but to contribute is very possible.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                T, all of this is dead on, but mark my words, you're going to see FVV on the court, early and often, and it's entirely likely he will more often than not, fail to disappoint.

And I will readily admit that I have previously not been "sold" on FVV's ability to adapt to the D1 game in his freshman season.

I've been hesitant as well to buy in to him being a big contributor this year, but with the quotes from 3G, it sounds as though he's going to play and contribute. I'll take it. We're in a good place when we have FR that can come in and give to the team.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Could it be that coach Marshall’s sending a subtle message to several team members
                  prior to the season? “Spend more time in the gym and less time on Facebook and Twitter.” :smile-new:

Just sayin’…

This locker room sign has coach Marshall stamped all over it.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

anxiety arising from awareness of guilt; distress of mind over an anticipated action or result; a twinge of misgiving : scruple… See the full definition

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Have to agree. FVV will play his share, and he will make a difference IMO. For one thing, whatever percentage of the college basketball world has heard of him, they question his quickness.. yet that guy is quick as a cat- when he has to be.

sidenote: Marshall signed Jake White (4th team parade AA) last year and FVV this year (+Hawkins etc). His high school recruiting is just fine.

Comment

Nothing on Jake White?

Comment

T

The vast majority of Shocker fans had no clue that X was anything more than a serviceable substitute for AC and Cliff during his freshman year. But from the first jump ball of the exhibition game against the Soviet Union his sophomore year it was OMG!!!!!

Let's hope we can say something like that about Ron Baker, FVV, or Tekele....
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

T

As some on here already know i am a homer for FVV with that said... I'm still looking and learning what this new shocker team will have this year. I do like what I see so far. But, I will tell you FVV will play a lot of mins this year. Unless Armstead is having an unbelievable year, FVV will be in the starting line up by mid season. He will adjust quickly to the D1 game, and will make everybody around him better. FVV is a winner, Marshall will not be able to keep him on the bench...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
                              As some on here already know i am a homer for FVV with that said... I'm still looking and learning what this new shocker team will have this year. I do like what I see so far. But, I will tell you FVV will play a lot of mins this year. Unless Armstead is having an unbelievable year, FVV will be in the starting line up by mid season. He will adjust quickly to the D1 game, and will make everybody around him better. FVV is a winner, Marshall will not be able to keep him on the bench...
                              If thats the case then great. If it takes a little longer thats not a problem because everyone knows a fine stew should simmer for awhile.

Comment

I take it that Marshall is just giving some motivation to Armstead. He's a good bet for newcomer of the year in the Valley.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X