SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (4-5) vs. WICHITA STATE (7-2) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
    Please let BC be as good as we are expecting. Not sure I can take it if he is not eligible.
    Starting to feel like it would be a wasted season for him anyway. Might be better in the long run for everyone involved if he starts fresh next season. I just don't see us going anywhere in year 1.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Starting to feel like it would be a wasted season for him anyway. Might be better in the long run for everyone involved if he starts fresh next season. I just don't see us going anywhere in year 1.
      Having him obviously can't hurt at this point .. but nothing in his history shows he's someone that is going to come in and dominate anyways. I'm not sure trying to hold an extra year of eligibility for anyone makes sense anymore.

Comment

We played like we didn’t even scout this team.

We have to lead the nation in turning our back on our man while on defense​​​​​​. Simple fundamentals.

Surely, if we can run SLOB plays for a bucket, we can run an offense without having to go iso each trip down the court.

With that, the last four minutes were fun to watch again, even though the game was essentially over. Mills must be putting all his eggs in the Cortez basket for depth.

Trying to convince myself that this is a rebuilding year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Having him obviously can't hurt at this point .. but nothing in his history shows he's someone that is going to come in and dominate anyways. I'm not sure trying to hold an extra year of eligibility for anyone makes sense anymore.
          Exactly, hopefully he could bring something better to the team at point guard but his statistical history reads like a backup. I think many commenting have some unrealistic expectations. I hope to be proven wrong if and when BC hits the court. One thing for sure XB ain’t the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wasn’t there something said about him not being able to carry this year over? Use it or lose it for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Certainly looked that way tonight.
              Did you try Lotte’, if so, how was it?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Wasn’t there something said about him not being able to carry this year over? Use it or lose it for some reason.
                Yes, I think pogo said that but I am pretty sure that is not correct and explained why in my response to pogo or whoever it was.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I think ISU is better than SDSU.
                  ISU is without question. Not sure about SIU though?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

ISU is without question. Not sure about SIU though?
                    lol, that’s what I meant.

Comment

• Obviously did not see the game, due to some bad decisions by the school and the low level promoter.
                      But, losing and being out worked and out hustled by a Summit League team is not good.
                      Look, there are good players/teams also over the USA so you can not Judge a team by its conference affiliation.
                      However, this is still what most would qualify as a bad loss. No loss is good, but when you lose to a team who has significantly better talent, it doesn't quite hurt as much.
                      So yes, this one still qualifies as a bad loss.

Better practice hard this week and get ready for the Salukis. Its chance to right the ship and get a feel good win before dealing with the schools up North.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                        Obviously did not see the game, due to some bad decisions by the school and the low level promoter.
                        But, losing and being out worked and out hustled by a Summit League team is not good.
                        Look, there are good players/teams also over the USA so you can not Judge a team by its conference affiliation.
                        However, this is still what most would qualify as a bad loss. No loss is good, but when you lose to a team who has significantly better talent, it doesn't quite hurt as much.
                        So yes, this one still qualifies as a bad loss.

Better practice hard this week and get ready for the Salukis. Its chance to right the ship and get a feel good win before dealing with the schools up North.

That is all.
                        Well, we beat St Louis by 19. The Ugly Dogs beat them by 39. I know OSU is down, but they also just got done beating them. Lost to ranked James Madison there by only 6.

Comment

• To say this was a bad loss is an understatement. Shooting 25% from inside the arc for 90% of the game is going to result in a loss to almost any team. That was probably a combination of an off shooting night and SDSU's D. This team seems vulnerable to high pressure physical D.

10 games into the season and this is the first loss we should have won. That's not so bad. If it were offset by winning a game we shouldn't have won it would be better. I'm more inclined to think we'll have another loss we should have won than a win we should have lost. I don't know if we have an answer for Kaluma from K-State.

The low attendance may have been a blessing in disguise. Anybody who would have paid $75 for a ticket to see a game that bad is unlikely to drop a dime to see the Shox in CKA.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Can you imagine paying $75 a pop to watch that garbage?

To be honest. Since the game wasn't watchable by anyone that wasn't at the actual game, I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen. I think it for the best.

Comment

• Didn’t watch the game (obviously) but this who did, does this cast any shadow of doubt in mills?

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                                Time to start drinking!
                                I feel better but also way, way worse.
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X