Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New NCAA initiative

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    The government doesn't need more money. They need to spend less of it. A lot less of it.
    As a generality you're right. But it seems way to late for that. Where will the money come from to take care of the $33 trillion and growing debt our government has obligated us to? Just the interest on that money is staggering. As far as the student loan forgiveness goes where did the proceeds of those loans go. They ended up in the Universities coffers. Make sense to me that if you are going forgive those loans you need to claw it back from where it ended up because you are basically saying these students were treated unfairly and taken advantage of.

    As far as defunding the universities I really don't have a problem with that. If they have valuable product or service that consumers are willing to pay for they should be okay.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Shockm View Post

      Here is additional questions regarding your question of who fits this profile.

      Do P4 schools like KSU, ISU, Cinnicinnatti, Houston, SMU, Arizona State, Washington State, Oregon State, Georgia Tech, etc. fit the profile on paying their athletes and fitting this profile? There may only be approximately 30 schools or so, who can actually afford to be in this "club".
      The ncaa has thrown out the number as 100 give or take with the bulk of them from the power conference. The others they felt would be comprised of of basketball only schools like the big east and schools from the AAC like conferences that could afford to pony up. My question was would it be better to be in the club or not. I can see where they will have their own basketball national championship tournament at the exclusion of everyone else so is WSU ok with being outside looking in or not. No one knows how this will shake out but I would rather be pro active than passive as we have seen that worked so well for NIL most recently.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by pogo View Post
        so is WSU ok with being outside looking in or not. No one knows how this will shake out but I would rather be pro active than passive as we have seen that worked so well for NIL most recently.
        Not sure it matters what WSU is ok with. It only matters what WSU is capable of.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          The government doesn't need more money. They need to spend less of it. A lot less of it.
          X 1000

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            It will never happen but it should. Plus these endowment funds should be where the government gets the money to pay for Biden's massive student loan forgiveness schemes.
            Thank you! Absolutely no student loan forgiveness that doesn't come directly from the institutions that profited from those loans. I have NO idea why this doesn't get traction and isn't supported by every American with a brain that isn't a part of a teacher's union (I realize that's repetitive).

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

              Thank you! Absolutely no student loan forgiveness that doesn't come directly from the institutions that profited from those loans. I have NO idea why this doesn't get traction and isn't supported by every American with a brain that isn't a part of a teacher's union (I realize that's repetitive).
              Not only that, but SHUT THE DAMN PROGRAM DOWN instead of continuing to issue NEW FEDERAL LOANS while trying to figure out how to pay off the prior mistakes?!?!? How effing obvious is THAT?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

              Comment


              • #37
                Damm. The political BS had finally disappeared from this board. So sad to see it back. The board had actually become somewhat enjoyable again.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  Damm. The political BS had finally disappeared from this board. So sad to see it back. The board had actually become somewhat enjoyable again.
                  You can go post on the bbs board. It might be the echo chamber you are looking for.
                  Probably on a mountain freezing my balls off.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by shock View Post

                    You can go post on the bbs board. It might be the echo chamber you are looking for.
                    I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I don't want politics from either side of the aisle to be on my basketball board, that's all!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

                      I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I don't want politics from either side of the aisle to be on my basketball board, that's all!
                      The thread is NCAA initiative and the conversation is in line with that. I don't see a "side", I see folks opinions.
                      Do we need to quit posting our opinions to make sure you don't construe them as a political side.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

                        The thread is NCAA initiative and the conversation is in line with that. I don't see a "side", I see folks opinions.
                        Do we need to quit posting our opinions to make sure you don't construe them as a political side.
                        I'm going to do something you don't often see on the internet and agree with you. Maybe not as "political' as I first thought after re-reading

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X