WICHITA STATE (7-1) at MISSOURI (6-2) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You must be blind if you think he is more subdued than IB.
    Nope definitely he definitely is .. just think some people are reaching a bit in really weird spots. As stated .. its not a bad thing at all.

Comment

• Mills watches what's happening during the game. Then he's prepared for timeouts. IB huddled with his assistants through half of the timeouts. Players are held accountable in practices and especially in the film room.

Yelling at players during games and chewing ass during timeouts is probably not a good coaching strategy with the transfer portal right there at the end of the season.

A good defense can produce a lot of turnovers when defenders are allowed to grab a ball handlers dribbling arm with one hand and swipe at the ball with the other hand. Throwing an arm across a shooting arm when a player is driving for a layup will cause the ball to fly out of bounds under the basket. Then there's the strategy of bumping a dribbler hard enough that the dribblers hand is no longer where the ball is going to bounce to,
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I wish some one like TE would compile a short video showing some of the action each game. I used to appreciate short clips and him then explaining just what the hell was going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I wish some one like TE would compile a short video showing some of the action each game. I used to appreciate short clips and him then explaining just what the hell was going on.
          He does that on his Twitter account. Literally all the time.
          Last edited by Kel Varnsen; December 4, 2023, 10:36 PM.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Rize Ballz View Post
            Still have no idea why Grill was booted at Iowa State before the season even ended. Must’ve been something non negotiable.
            I would boot him off my team for that awful man bun
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

The rules have changed since Stallworth played. Now if a player plays any part of a season it counts as the whole season.

I think Baker fell into that category. He sat until the MVC tourney, which was second semester, but that second semester only year for him was his entire Fr season.
              Baker played a handful of games at the beginning of the season before he got hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                If I would known our situation what I see now preseason, and you told me that we would be 7-2 now, would I be Shocked and Happy. YES,!!! AND YES!!!
                HereHere! Also I have been watching Cortes on the bench. He may be the most engaged player sitting on it. Especially knowing he will not be playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Mills watches what's happening during the game. Then he's prepared for timeouts. IB huddled with his assistants through half of the timeouts. Players are held accountable in practices and especially in the film room.

Yelling at players during games and chewing ass during timeouts is probably not a good coaching strategy with the transfer portal right there at the end of the season.

A good defense can produce a lot of turnovers when defenders are allowed to grab a ball handlers dribbling arm with one hand and swipe at the ball with the other hand. Throwing an arm across a shooting arm when a player is driving for a layup will cause the ball to fly out of bounds under the basket. Then there's the strategy of bumping a dribbler hard enough that the dribblers hand is no longer where the ball is going to bounce to,
                  I know it's a VERY small sample size( one game) but Mills did the EXACT same thing as IB did....gathered his coaches, talked and THEN addressed his boys....now, no doubt what he told his boys was more effective

Comment

• If we're comparing 3G to PM styles, 3G and his entire staff were coaching players the entire game. Shouting out orders, things to watch, etc. A number of players have gone on record to say it's very difficult to play with that type of constant yelling/coaching, at least until they figure out the system and aren't getting barked at as much. PM, on the other hand, has said a number of times that he does most of his coaching at practice and once they get to the games, it's up to the players to execute the game plan. I'm sure there's a balance between the two methods, but that's what we're seeing. As for IB, I have no idea what his philosophy was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      As for IB, I have no idea what his philosophy was.
                      Let dogs be dogs I believe it was.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• As for IB, I have no idea what his philosophy was.

dribble dribble dribble top of the key, crossover jab step shoot three pointer miss badly rinse repeat

Comment

• IB was there just watching like the rest of us lol
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I know we all like to rag on IB but he was put in a tough spot. If I were an assistant coach who was suddenly given the interm coach title, I would have taken it too. I would also have taken the permanent head coach title if offered. While IB was a bad head coach, he was an honorable guy and I believe he gave his all. He just had different philosophies and demeanors that did not work. But he is a good human being.

Boatright was the guilty party for drawing up and giving IB the long term contract with big buy outs. My guess is that IB would have done a contract with way less buy out.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Awesome!! X man in the house. Love to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X