No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (7-1) at MISSOURI (6-2) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this teams fight, but it really really really bothers me that Coach Mills doesn’t show any emotion on the sidelines. Coach your team is battling against really bad odds and you are just watching. Freaking show some emotion Coach! Get upset with some of the calls going against us. You want us fans to cheer and yell loud at Koch, maybe you could show some emotion during our games. Sorry for the rant, but…

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      Also, for as wrong as some of the more positive people on this board may be on Germany - Some of the more negative ones are going to be wrong on Beverly.

He’s figuring it out and is going to be dang good at some point in the next few weeks.
      Just glad Harland came up short on a triple double. 12 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and 7 turnovers.

Kennedy and Hull selected Harlnad as their player of the game while acknowledging the turnovers are problem. But I think Harland will learn from this game.

Comment

• Shocks kept fighttig. Couldn't make anything at the end. Some weakness we had exposed by a tough hand checking Missouri D. I'sn't that still a foul? Not today. Missouri plays Physical and Vanover and Grill hurt us.. We rebound good. Missouri got around twice the throws. 17 rebounds for Beverly but too many turnovers. Rogers had 17. Wished he had played at least 37 minutes.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
          I love this teams fight, but it really really really bothers me that Coach Mills doesn’t show any emotion on the sidelines. Coach your team is battling against really bad odds and you are just watching. Freaking show some emotion Coach! Get upset with some of the calls going against us. You want us fans to cheer and yell loud at Koch, maybe you could show some emotion during our games. Sorry for the rant, but…
          I mean if that ends up being the biggest thing we complain about...I think we will be ok. Not every coach shows the same sideline demeanor and it is ok.

I prefer a little more fire, cause I was always pretty fiery in sports. But as long as he is getting this kind of fight out of the team....I am ok with him coaching how he needs to.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 9 assists and 20 turnovers plus they outscore us by 11 at the line. great effort on the boards though. wish we had Cortes. Grill 4-8 with one turnover and TEN boards - XB 4-12 and 4 turnovers and only ONE assist

Comment

• I can't remember when a Shocker team played as bad as this one did the first 5 - 7 minutes....ummm well before IB.

But they don't quit and play hard even when it seems close to hopeless. A lot to like from this team.

Comment

• Can we bring in a pair of 7th year grad students next year please?

Comment

I love this teams fight, but it really really really bothers me that Coach Mills doesn’t show any emotion on the sidelines. Coach your team is battling against really bad odds and you are just watching. Freaking show some emotion Coach! Get upset with some of the calls going against us. You want us fans to cheer and yell loud at Koch, maybe you could show some emotion during our games. Sorry for the rant, but…
                  By the same token I could say how he wanted his players to be cool under pressure.

I think it’s weird and a little ridiculous to focus on that.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Can we bring in a pair of 7th year grad students next year please?
                    No idea who they are but the NCAA has already ruled them ineligible to play for us next year

Comment

• man, the shockers had cut missouri's lead down to two points, 64-66, i think it was, and i decided to turn on the radio/mike kennedy and maybe get some good luck for the shockers. i should have known better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No idea who they are but the NCAA has already ruled them ineligible to play for us next year
                        One should be a PG, not counting on Cortes

Comment

• Good fight. Frustrating officiating.
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Both teams shot around 92% on throws but they got 12 more opportunities. Beverly led an impressive rebounding Shocker effort with 17. Rebounding helped us get with 2 at one point late but they hit big shots at the end and we didn’t. Hoping we keep this series going.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

We need a zone offense that is designed to get Rogers a look.
                              Yes, and 37-38 minutes versus the 31 Colby played. He can rest on the bus trip home. With 7 players, I hope the Shocks play "some" zone D to avoid some future potential foul issues that we can't afford. Our rebounding should also allow it to at least try it?

Comment

Compared to IB, Coach Mills is a flowing volcano of passion in the sidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X