WICHITA STATE (7-1) at MISSOURI (6-2) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I would like to see Mills start working the refs to start getting some calls. Don't know if he has it in him.
    I think he does. We were just used to Marshall for so long who wouldn't stop yelling at the refs lol.

But Mills started getting a little upset at the last game. We will see if he shows it in this one.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I would like to see Mills start working the refs to start getting some calls. Don't know if he has it in him.
      If you want your guys to fight for you, you might want to fight for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm not sure how much "undisciplined" has to do with it (it has some, no doubt) but we all knew this was inevitable again an up tempo team with good ball handlers....and again, made so much worse by the physicality.
        Yea the grabbing and hand checking isn't helping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

If you want your guys to fight for you, you might want to fight for them.
          I don't disagree. But you pick your time and places. Something to be said about keeping a calm demeanor also so the team doesn't get too hectic or more out of control. It's a balance he will have to figure out.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• MU is getting loose balls, and 2 chance shots. Their D is stingy and so aggressive that the Shocks go in panic mode and miss easy shots. Last Season, Shocks also were down at half, had a nice 10 pt. lead, but lost In ot after wholesale misses on throws. Shocks could be down 20 but must settle down to beat this very deep MU TEAM. Work the ball to KP and Ballard more please.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Everything considered, I’m surprised we’re not down 20, at least we’re hitting some big shots and holding our own on the boards

Comment

• It feels like we're playing Southern Illinois in 2001. Grab grab push and never a foul is called.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm not sure how much "undisciplined" has to do with it (it has some, no doubt) but we all knew this was inevitable again an up tempo team with good ball handlers....and again, made so much worse by the physicality.
                  Yeah it’s a bad matchup for sure. Was certainly hoping for better than we’ve seen.

And as previously mentioned, the way it’s being officiated hasn’t helped either. Pretty wild it’s a 7-point game.

Felt like giving up that O board that led to a Tiger 3 when we were within 2 or 3 right at the end was a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                    It feels like we're playing Southern Illinois in 2001. Grab grab push and never a foul is called.
                    Yep...it's the....they won't call them all Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yeah it’s a bad matchup for sure. Was certainly hoping for better than we’ve seen.

And as previously mentioned, the way it’s being officiated hasn’t helped either. Pretty wild it’s a 7-point game.

Felt like giving up that O board that led to a Tiger 3 when we were within 2 or 3 right at the end was a big deal.
                      That was the play that triggered my undisciplined comment. We had two players just stare and make no effort to try to grab it or close out

Comment

• Mizzou .. pushing and shoving.. our lack of Point Guard depth is a real problem.. come Shoxs! You can do this!
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Can't imagine what Bell's +/- is at the moment.
                          0 at the half. Beverly has the worst at -13.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That was the play that triggered my undisciplined comment. We had two players just stare and make no effort to try to grab it or close out
                            Yeah I was pretty frustrated with that play as well. It was a big swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yeah, in this kind of a game the Shocks can't have any lapses unfortunately. Their B or C game won't cut it in this one. Our margin of error is as rasor thin as we already knew it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

0 at the half. Beverly has the worst at -13.
                                Yeah Bell seemed to get it together a bit more there when he came back in.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X