TV: ESPN2
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Dave Dahl

Shockers - 65

Tigers - 73
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shockers - 78
      Tigers - 72

Before last night, Richmond was ranked higher on Kenpom. Missouri is KP 81, Richmond fell to 89.

Missouri has a loss to Jackson State - KP 257. A two point win over Minnesota - KP 134. 8 point win over Loyola MD - KP 315.

I admit that I haven't watched Mizzou this year so primarily looking at KP, but our defense forced Richmond into their lowest at-the-basket offense all year, and they've had a decent non-con schedule. Our second half offense was at 1.7 ppp. I get that it's an away game, but if we can run away from Richmond, it isn't too far fetched to believe we can do the same to Mizzou.

Comment

I remember the day when the Shockers would go on the road and use relentless defense to squash the home team’s home court advantage and come away with a lot of wins. I don’t think that’s quite the style of HCPM but this version of Shocker basketball is playing decent defense to go along with an ever improving and efficient offense.

If we can keep the game close I like our chances against a team that is going through its own changes and new lineup. They have some size (7’5” ORU grad transfer Connor Vanover, 7’ freshman and 7’2” senior), but have been playing 12 to find the right five. This is a great test for this young team and will give HCPM more data (better data?) to better prepare for the upcoming conference gauntlet.

The Tigers are coming off a road win at Pitt and play KU after us. I think they will be ready for the Shox and won’t overlook this team so I think it will be a close one but a loss.

Comment

Really interesting article on the matchup through the lens of advanced statistics. Several errors on player details but otherwise a really good read.

Comment

Shockers 77

Tigers. 74

They have a good coach but we let a win slip through our fingers last Season. Another close loss last Season that number 4 Rogers for us could have made a positive difference in the.. This would be a very nice road win for our Shockers.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Away - 81
              Home - 77

Pulled the trigger on assembling a group to go up on Sunday. The drive up to KC is going to be pretty familiar this month.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Shockers 77

Tigers. 74

This would be a very nice road win for our Shockers.
                I concur. This would be an amazing road win for the staff and players. Shocks kinda took a punch to the gut with Liberty, and really didn't respond well. I expect more punches to the gut, back, face, and more importantly ego this game. Really, really really hoping they play with energy and can find a way to trust each other. I don't think hero ball like they attempted with Liberty will save them. I have no feel for how this game will play out, so I'll just say go shocks!

Comment

We'll continue the trend and beat the Tigers on their home court. Shocks by 5.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Taylor's article "The Questions Paul Mills Asks That Has Helped Wichita State Basketball Limit Turnovers" is great! I've linked the article from AOL below so you don't have to deal with the kansas.com paywall. The accountability part is a great technique. I'm sure it can be uncomfortable at times, but it is all oriented at learning and getting better. HCPM's quote for Sunday I like as well: “Sunday will be a good test,” Mills said. “We’ll need to do the simple things well.” That is a great mantra - do the simple things well.

The Shockers continue their promising start to the season to push their record to 7-1 under first-year coach Paul Mills.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Shockers 77

Tigers. 74

They have a good coach but we let a win slip through our fingers last Season. Another close loss last Season that number 4 Rogers for us could have made a positive difference in the.. This would be a very nice road win for our Shockers.
                      I've thought about that game a lot...it seems to me that CP2 did not have his best game(I WAAAY could be wrong) and it DID slip though The Shockers' hands...to me it kind of defined the frustrating part of IB's resume...tantalizing performances, but not quite enough...

Comment

Eldridges article on decreased turnovers:
                        After turnover problems early in the season, the Shockers have drastically lowered their turnover count the last three games. Here’s how.
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                          Away - 81
                          Home - 77

Pulled the trigger on assembling a group to go up on Sunday. The drive up to KC is going to be pretty familiar this month.
                          My son just bought two tickets to the Missouri game for $16 total. Must be nice to have all that SEC football TV money.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

My son just bought two tickets to the Missouri game for $16 total. Must be nice to have all that SEC football TV money.
                            I wanted to be close to the bench so mine were not that cheap, but ending up paying less for these seats than what you would spend for nosebleeds at Koch.

Comment

89 to 87 in OT ... Da Shoxs
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X