All Sports Trophy - 2012-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    How many times has this been argued about on here?
    Ask the people who keep bringing it up.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Ask the people who keep bringing it up.
      I didn't quote anyone specifically for a reason. Not calling anyone out, I just don't see the point to keep having the same debate without any new information. And I don't consider this trophy to be relevant new information for this debate.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I get tired of the debate too but when people continue to drop subtle hints at the situation, like in the aforementioned post, I'm going to counter it if I disagree with it. I think the people that get rattled so easily about contrary views about the subject might be reacting subconsciously; perhaps striking a nerve to the fact that there may be valid concerns they would rather just avoid altogether.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          I didn't quote anyone specifically for a reason. Not calling anyone out, I just don't see the point to keep having the same debate without any new information. And I don't consider this trophy to be relevant new information for this debate.
          This.

Comment

Insanity.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              Insanity.
              You have that right....in spades.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                I get tired of the debate too but when people continue to drop subtle hints at the situation, like in the aforementioned post, I'm going to counter it if I disagree with it. I think the people that get rattled so easily about contrary views about the subject might be reacting subconsciously; perhaps striking a nerve to the fact that there may be valid concerns they would rather just avoid altogether.
                Well, 'aight, check this out, dawg. First of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand them, I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect. Watch your mouth.

Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

2012-13 All Sports Trophy - Final Standings

(Number in parenthesis is number of sports participated in)

1. Wichita State (15) 2.30 (New record)
                  2. Illinois State (17) 3.38
                  3. Southern Illinois (16) 4.41
                  4. Indiana State (13) 4.62
                  5. Creighton (13) 4.85
                  6. Northern Iowa (15) 4.97
                  7. Drake (16) 5.59
                  8. Evansville (13) 5.69
                  9. Missouri State (13) 5.81
                  10. Bradley (15) 6.53

Creighton actually had the mosts 1st place finishes with 4 plus one 1st place tie.
                  Wichita State had 3 1st place finishes and one 1st place tie.
                  Illinois State had 3 1st place finishes.

The Shocks had 8 second place finishes a handful of which were very close races for 1st.
                  Vollyball and Men's XC were 3rd place finishers and Softball 8th place.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 20, 2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Here is the official announcement.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

what has Eric Sexton done that is given some people a doubt to question his job security? He's part of a Final 4 run in men basketball, baseball has been struggling other then that, what has he done to ruin Wichita State reputation? I think the #watchus social media campaign has been great, social media in general has given Wichita State a marketing edge in all aspects of the university, I think he hasn't done anything to ruin Wichita State athletics, but at the same time hasn't done anything earth shattering, sometimes good maintenance is best for all...GOSHOX
                      '

Comment

WSU Nominated for NACMA Marketing Team of the Year

"Wichita State joins finalists Kansas State and last year’s winner, Iowa State, in this prestigious honor. The winner will be announced during the 22nd Annual NACMA Convention on June 14th in Orlando, Florida."
                        Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

2012-2013 NACMA Marketing Team Of The Year Submission
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Not going to get into the "I like soccer", "I hate soccer", as I've coached competitve youth and teenage teams before. At least in the past, Wichita has been a hot bed for quality soccer and has/had some national and international moments.

All that said, which sports do you suggest we do away with. If none, any monies the soccer program uses comes out of the other sports' pocket.

I also agree that WSU needs soccer. As it was pointed out, Wichita is a hotbed for good soccer and it really isn't a terribly expensive sport to maintain. The majority of expense would be for scholarships, travel and personnel and I actually think much of that could be offset by admission charges and donations. Wichita does support soccer! I've honestly thought soccer would work at WSU for some time, but I am a bit biased too.
                          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                            I also agree that WSU needs soccer. As it was pointed out, Wichita is a hotbed for good soccer and it really isn't a terribly expensive sport to maintain. The majority of expense would be for scholarships, travel and personnel and I actually think much of that could be offset by admission charges and donations. Wichita does support soccer! I've honestly thought soccer would work at WSU for some time, but I am a bit biased too.

I understand what you're syaing, but aren't these the "majority of expense" of all sports? What remains is equipment, and recruiting if that is not included in "travel."
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              I understand what you're syaing, but aren't these the "majority of expense" of all sports? What remains is equipment, and recruiting if that is not included in "travel."
                              Point taken and yes you're probably right. My only thoughts were that soccer requires less equipment than most outdoor sports and may actually generate enough interest in the Wichita area that fan support could help offset a sizeable portion of the costs. The truth is that I really don't know the economics of fielding a collegiate soccer team but there are enough smaller universities in the area doing it that I'd have to imagine it could be manageable. Plus, I just wish WSU had soccer.
                              "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                WSU Nominated for NACMA Marketing Team of the Year

"Wichita State joins finalists Kansas State and last year’s winner, Iowa State, in this prestigious honor. The winner will be announced during the 22nd Annual NACMA Convention on June 14th in Orlando, Florida."
                                http://www.goshockers.com//ViewArtic...CLID=207724762

This alone should eliminate Kansas State from ever winning the award. EVER.

http://http://www.google.com/imgres?...9QEwBw&dur=453

Comment

Working...
                                X