WICHITA STATE (5-1) vs. NORFOLK STATE (4-2) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    That's probably the 20th time I've made that mistake...not sure why I have Sunday on the brain......

Anyone remember the snowmaggeden game 15-20 years ago? Can't remember the details, just that more people showed up than should have given the amount of snow on the ground (although game day was sunny...cold as hell, but sunny) and at least where I lived at the time, at least a foot of snow that made just getting the car into the side streets was a chore.
    UAB. December 2007. Game was delayed an hour so that refs could get there. Still a great crowd given the circumstances. Our new coach from the Palmetto State didn’t understand why people dream of a White Christmas.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

UAB. December 2007. Game was delayed an hour so that refs could get there. Still a great crowd given the circumstances. Our new coach from the Palmetto State didn’t understand why people dream of a White Christmas.
      I remember it well. We were to pick up an elderly (80 )friend of my wife who had gotten a ticket for the game but did not want to drive from the 21st and Maize area. I drove from Andover and picked her up. We drove to the arena and they let me pull up in front to drop the two of them off. I was amazed at the sheer number of people that were there. After the game we hung around until the crowd left and then I picked the both of them up and drove her back to the west side. She thanked me profusely saying it was the best game she had attended in years. Go Shocks

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...282285353.html

KenPom says: WSU 79, NSU 64

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Anyone remember the snowmaggeden game 15-20 years ago? Can't remember the details, just that more people showed up than should have given the amount of snow on the ground (although game day was sunny...cold as hell, but sunny) and at least where I lived at the time, at least a foot of snow that made just getting the car into the side streets was a chore.
          Hwy 54 was pretty clear, but snow packed. Wife made me go. I think we passed 28 vehicles in the ditches. Drove my F-250 4x4 cattle feeding truck.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

84 to 65 Shoxs!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Just perusing KenPom ahead of today’s matchup and I started to wonder where the American is ranked vs the Valley? Not suggesting anything or trying to make any points. I’m happy we are in the American.

Looked like the American had six teams inside the top 100 while the Valley had 5. Both had one team below 300.

Anyone with a subscription kind enough to satiate my curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                  Just perusing KenPom ahead of today’s matchup and I started to wonder where the American is ranked vs the Valley? Not suggesting anything or trying to make any points. I’m happy we are in the American.

Looked like the American had six teams inside the top 100 while the Valley had 5. Both had one team below 300.

I found a couple (RealTimeRPI and Team Rankings) that both have the MVC around 7-8 and the American around 12-13. MVC must be having a really good year so far. It's still early, and I'd wager American will end up ahead of the MVC eventually. God I hope so anyway

Comment

The difference in Average Efficiency Margin between a team that would be projected to go .500 in conference play in the American vs. the Valley is about 1.5 right now the the American’s favor.

The gap between the Mountain West and the American is 5. That’s…significant. MW is currently more like the pre-Creighton departure Valley.

Again, early in the season, but the ratings won’t change a ton once teams are playing conference opponents.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

There are some really headscratching results out there so far this season. SFA goes 14-23 from 3 in beating Drake by 24 (shot almost 65% for the game) then the very next day 3-17 and get run out of the gym by Utah State 49-79. There's a lot of variables and parity out there right now.

Comment

One big difference is that the Valley doesn't have anyone above 77. No one even sniffing at-large territory. The American has three teams better, at 73, 38 and 37.

Comment

ESPN BPI has five American in top 100: 38, 51, 77, 87, 89

Two MVC teams: 88 & 98

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

KP has the American at 8th and the MVC at 11th.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Anybody have any thoughts on the WSU-Norfolk game?

Comment

Hope the Shocks win…

Comment

Working...
                                X